We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains to Haifa, Israel

Carlsbad, CA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trains to Haifa, Israel

Hi all you well traveled people. Can someone describe the process going via train from Ben Gurion to Haifa. Esay ways to the train with luggage? Does the train have check in for luggage? What's the best stop in Haifa to catch a taxi to the Nof? My family and I are going to Haifa for 9 days starting April 23rd, 2006.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
905 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains to Haifa, Israel

Here's some information on the Israel trains:

http://www.israrail.org.il/english/index.html

Click on "Schedules & Fares" to get the schedule. I plugged in "Ben Gurion Airport" for departure and "Haifa Mercaz" (that would be the center) for destination, included the date you give and got lots of possible departure times.

Click on "Passenger Lines Map" to see that the Green Line goes from the airport to Haifa, so you won't even have to change trains! And it looks like the most expensive ticket (adult fare) is only 34.5 shekels one way!

I can't help you with the luggage question - you should probably send them an email (scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Suggestions/Remarks/Comments" - an email composition screen should open in whatever email program you use).

There are, as far as I know, only two stations in Haifa, so I would guess that you should be able to get a taxi from either to the Nof quite easily...

Hope that's helpful. Have a great time!

suzanne pomeranz, jerusalem, israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains to Haifa, Israel

There are four train stations in Haifa, and it's easier to catch a taxi from either Hutzot HaMifraz or the Bat Galim one. I am almost positive you don't have to check in the luggage and they have an open storage area near the entrance like european trains. if it's not crowded, you can take the luggage with you into the carriage.

Enjoy!!

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
905 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains to Haifa, Israel

Anon - thanks for clarifying the number of stations in Haifa. The Israel Trains website only gives two choices on the drop-down menu.

suzanne pomeranz, jerusalem, israel