We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

Planning a trip for early next May. Two adults, enjoy travel, good food, great lodging etc. Will be in the Galilee with a car for 2 or 3 nts (without the kids!) in early May 2015, and plan is to hire a private guide for a couple of days. Have read recommendations for accomodation, including Vered Ha'Galil, Pastoral Kfar Blum, Nof 10, Artist Colony Inn. Any specific suggestions/recommendations (including among the places mentioned) given that the kids will not be with us?

Mentioned in this post
Galilee
Galilee
Northern District, Israel
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

There are a multitude of places you could stay in Galilee, including boutique hotels and B&Bs. But if you're hiring a private guide, why don't you allow him/her to make lodging recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Galilee
Galilee
Northern District, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,679 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

All of the places you mentioned are good with or without children. If you want more exclusive for couples I would go to Mitzpeh Hayamim which has less younger guests than the others. Artists Colony could also be an option.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Artists' Colony Inn
Artists' Colony Inn
391 Reviews
Safed, Israel
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,033 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

I see no reason to over-defer to a private guide, when he or she may have different views or desires from your own.

I have stayed at Nof 10 and LOVED it! See www.nof10.com. But yes, you have lots of options in this lovely region.

Douglas Duckett

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

We stayed at the frenkels b&b in korazium & loved it.we just returned from Israel last night & will be posting all my reviews within the next few weeks.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

Mitzpeh Hayamim is very expensive and is a spa hotel for people who want to stay at the hotel and enjoy it, not travel and come back just to sleep. I have stayed there a couple of years ago. The room was fine, breakfast Ok, dinner...well they have a reputation but did not live up to it.

Nof 10 is very good and so is a B&B place in Moshav Ramot (not the resort) called Hachi-Nof-She-esh (you can see it on booking.com). Beds are comfortables, bedding is of special cotton etc... They offer a cottage not a room, with sitting area, porches to marvelous views etc...

Edited: 1:04 pm, May 29, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

Thanks for all your suggestions. We are also considering the Scots Hotel in order to have more restaurant choices, though it seems that (assuming we have a car), we may also have some choice if we stay at Nof 10. Is this correct?

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

Next door to Amirim is Amirei Hagalil - a boutique hotel with a restaurant chef. Amirim has a few vegetarian places too. 10-15 minutes drive will get you to many other places.

I suggested staying in Moshav Ramot with a restaurant named Moshbutz that is outstanding.

Mentioned in this post
Amirim
Amirim
Galilee, Israel
Moshbutz
Moshbutz
359 Reviews
Ramot
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

Shoshi, thanks for the suggestions and information. Apart from from the restaurant, would you recommend Amirei Hagalil as a place to stay as well?

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

They get good reviews check TA. I have never stayed or eaten there. I was at Nof10 a few years ago.

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying in the Galilee area without kids - suggestions?

See the reviews here tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g494964-d114268…