We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

Baltimore
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary

We are planning a trip to Israel for late June. After spending a night after arrival, in Tel Aviv, we are heading North for the next 21/2 days. We will be staying at a friend's house in Metula. We would like to see the following but not sure what order to do it all in, if it is too much to do in this amount of time and is there anything we are missing? Thanks for any advice you can give me. The list is as follows: Caesarea, Akko, Golan Heights, a winery, Rosh Pina, Beit Shean, Tzippori, Lake Kinneret (maybe a boat ride), Hula Valley, Tzfat.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,581 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

After a good nights sleep, get an early start and do the following:

Day 1

Caesarea, Tzippori, Akko drive to Metulla. If still early enough visit the Agamon (you will be driving through the Hula Valley to get to Metulla).

Day 2

Golan Heights, Golan Winery, Tzfat, Rosh Pina,

Day 3

Drive via Tiberias to Beit Shean for a possible boat road or drive on the east side of the Sea for a swim. Visit Beit Shean and drive to Jerusalem(?) via the Jordan Valley. This will take more than half a day.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,568 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary

I assume you are renting a car to do this. It is hot in late June and what you have put on your list means your will need to be very rigid and tight with a schedule. You also have multiple archeological sites and I wonder if you will be on overload.

Metula is way north and many of the things on your list are more South. Going back and forth to Metula will be a waste of time. Caesarea and Akko are on the way north but I do nto know if I would want to see thetwo of them the same day.

Where do you want to go in the Golan Heights?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary

We are renting a car and plan to leave Tel Aviv around 9 am. We have been to Caesarea and Akko on a guided trip 12 years ago. We would like to see both sites again,this time without a tour guide. Are tours given once we are there or are we pretty much on our own? We do not need to spend hours in either place. How much farther would you say Metula is? Anything else nearby? Any suggestions as far as the Golan area?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary

Tour guides are not waiting to guide you at any of our national parks (inc. Caesarea) nor in Akko.

If you wish to hire a guide, those arrangements must be made in advance.

In order to get from Akko to Metula, you'll need to pass through the heart of Upper Galilee.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary

It is about an hour and a half from Akko to Metula. Should be no problem doing Ceasarea and Akko in one day and then go north to Metula. You can easily do Ceasarea and Akko without a guide. Ceasarea has a centre which explains the site and Akko has an audio tour. I love Metula, such a beautiful part of Israel and so much to do in the vicinity. The Golan is very close, Tzfat and Rosh Pina are a little further on but the highways are easy driving.

6. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 02, 2014