We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pilgrim boat sailing on Galilee

Allentown
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Pilgrim boat sailing on Galilee

Hi, My family of 5 would like to join a short (.5-1.5 hour) pilgrim-like cruise on the Sea of Galilee around Caperneum or Ginosar. Any recommendations?

I've checked out earlier forum post on this topic and this is what I know: 1) Lido-Galilee and Jesusboats (holyland sailing) websites were not too helpful and I have not yet received emails back from them. It seems Lido-Galilee and holyland sailing only leave from Tiberias. 2) Recommendation from Kathy from Indiana for Daniel Carmel's website: link no longer takes you to a working website. 3) Most of the boats are already booked by tour groups and I'll have to ask if I can join one. 4) There are motor boats and speed boats (not sure the difference) that I can rent from the local piers (what towns have these?); however, I was looking more for the guided tour on a Jesus-era boat.

I read that someone took a boat from Kibbutz Ginosar where the boat museum is. Is there a company there or was it part of the Kibbutz?

Are there any other companies out there or website that have actual times?

Thank you!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pilgrim boat sailing on Galilee

I have good experience with the operator: Ein Gev Sailing.

http://www.eingevsailing.com/

Ein Gev Sailing has ports of call in both Ein Gev and at Ginosar. They naturally cater to pilgrim groups, but will often 'attach' private individuals to a larger group in order to faciliate your sailing on Lake Kinneret. If they don't answer your email, you may need to pick up the phone and call. I'd suggest combining your sailing with a traditional St. Peter's fish lunch at the Ein Gev fish restaurant, located adjacent to Ein Gev Harbour.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pilgrim boat sailing on Galilee

Daniel Carmel is a good choice IF you want an very overtly evangelical, missionizing bent to your cruise. He is a "Messianic Jew," a/k/a evangelical Christian convert. A nice man who offers a good cruise, but if that is not your cup of tea, you will not be comfortable.

Douglas Duckett

3. Re: Pilgrim boat sailing on Galilee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 14, 2013