We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra day tours from Eilat

honolulu
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Petra day tours from Eilat

Anyone did this recently. we are going to Eilat June 26-28, 2013 and want to do a Petra tour.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

You can do it in a day -- it's a long day. I'd recommend the two-day tour with an overnight if you can. I am using Desert Eco Tours; they get great reviews on this forum.

Douglas Duckett

honolulu
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

Thanks Douglas. How did you book with Desert Eco Tours? The number on their website looks like an Israel phone number so calling would be difficult with the time difference here in Hawaii and the cost. I sent an email to them at the address in their website, but no response so far. Did you do all your bookings through email and how responsive were they?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,954 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

There are many companies in Eilat offering tours. I use Thru-us. They are very responsive; also by email. Note that it is the weekend end in Israel and therefore you may not receive a response before Sunday(first day of the work week). There is no problem with room on these tours as they leave daily as long as there are two passengers minimum.

Chana

Israel

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,924 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

I have done this trip with Desert Eco-tours and other tour providers. I thought Desert Eco-tours was the best because of the guides they used in Jordan and how seamless everything was. I did all the booking by email. You don't always get a next day response but I would expect you will hear back. You can do a day trip. I did this most recently in March. It is a really long day and you can expect to spend about 3-3.5 hours at Petra. Another way to do it is the 2 day Wadi Rum/Petra trip. This is great. A full day at Petra entering with the morning sun and departing with the evening sun, the colours are totally different on the rocks. You also have a half day at Wadi Rum which is so beautiful- the scenery is so surreal. The cost difference isn't all that much.

I would recommend the 2 day tour if you can squeeze into your schedule.

5. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, August 10, 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
66 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

Thanks for your update Devo.

7. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

8. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

9. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

Removed on: 1:05 am, August 11, 2013
10. Re: Petra day tours from Eilat

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 13, 2014