We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a luggage storage at the Eilat cental bus station?

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle ,wa
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
is there a luggage storage at the Eilat cental bus station?

From jerusalem we are taking the bus to Eilat .Then cross the border to Aqaba and rent a car at Aqaba downtown. and drive to Petra the same day and stay in Petra for 2 nights then back to eilat.. Is there a Luggage storage at the Eilat Central bus station.So we dont have to drag all our suitcases to cross the border from Eilat to Aqaba?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there a luggage storage at the Eilat cental bus station?

No, there are storage facilities at the Eilat CBS or any other transportation depot in Israel for security reasons.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is there a luggage storage at the Eilat cental bus station?

There IS luggage storage in the Eilat central bus station. I discovered when I was there last November that it exists and that it charges 35 shekels per piece. Not lockers, a human-operated facility that if I remember correctly closes fairly early in the afternoon. I don't know how much time you get for 35 shekels, and you're talking about two days.

For anyone else who might be interested, there are privately operated luggage lockers outside the Red Sea Hotel, two minutes' walk from the bus station, that charge only 10 shekels but you need exact change (a 10-shekel coin). But as far as I recall they are emptied after 24 hours so you can't leave your stuff there for two days.

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is there a luggage storage at the Eilat cental bus station?

Look for the luggage trolleys with signs on them, you can take them right though the border to the Jordanian taxis.

4. Re: is there a luggage storage at the Eilat cental bus station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 29, 2014