We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour to Petra from Eilat

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
254 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Tour to Petra from Eilat

We are a family of 4 with adult children and would like to do a trip to Petra from Eilat in March

Can anyone pleas give advice as to the best tour operators with a good itinerary whom we can contact.

At this stage we aren't sure whether we will do a one day or overnight tour.

Also, price is a consideration, as one price we've received for a day tour is $350.00 per person and I'm still clarifying whether this is a private or group tour.

It seems like quite an expensive exercise, but perhaps that is because I don't know enough about these tours.

I'd love some feedback from others who have done this before.

Thanks so much

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,843 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour to Petra from Eilat

Some of the companies that are recommended for this are Desert Eco Tours, Thru Us and Ahalan Olympus.

Tours to Petra are indeed a costly venture.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour to Petra from Eilat

The price quoted is correct due to high single entrance fee to Petra amongsy other fees. If you are four people this should be a private tour just for you.

Chana

Israel

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour to Petra from Eilat

I have used both Desert Eco Tours and Ahalan Olympus. I preferred Desert Eco-tours as the guide was so much better. We did a semi private tour which cost a bit more but it was for only 4 people. It was really great to have such a small group. You can check the reviews here on tripadvisor. The cost of a one day group tour should be about $250 plus the border fees and tips. I would recommend the 2 day tour of Petra and Wadi Rum.

4. Re: Tour to Petra from Eilat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 08, 2014