We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Eilat

East & West
Level Contributor
31 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Eilat

My husband and I will be visiting Israel from the USA and spending a few days in Eilat right after Pesach or possibly the following week. We are "senior citizens."

We'd like a decent (not a dive, not luxory) hotel, zimmer, place to stay for three nights in Eilat at about $100 a night (or up to $200 a night if we can't find anything else.)

I've indentified four possible places: Nova Like Hotel, Astral Village Hotel, Vista Hotel, American Eilat Hotel. Any experience or comments with these?

Any other suggestions?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,583 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Eilat

Stay away from the Americana, Astral Village is okay, Not sure about the Vista and the Nova which caters to pilgrim groups has nice rooms. None are located near the water, but are all within a 10-15 minute walk to the promenade and northern beach.

Chana

Israel

st Ives
Level Contributor
142 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Eilat

We stayed at Nova Like Hotel for eight nights in November 2012 and had a great time. Found a great half-board offer. Rooms were huge and food was above average for a mass catering restaurant, always fresh and different every night.

It is however a fifteen minute walk to the main resort area,

Boston...
Level Contributor
561 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Eilat

I have stayed at the Dan Panorama during my past two trips. Both times the hotel was very good. I usually pay about $125 per night. Somehow they got sent to the bottom of the Tip Advisor rankings, but the reviews are still very positive. It's located inn the popular North Beach area.

East & West
Level Contributor
31 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Eilat

I checked the Dan Panorama and the best rate I saw was $170 a night. How did you get $125? (You can message me privately.)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,583 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in Eilat

Shaneweat prices change over time, according to the season, room type and basis of stay.

Chana

Iarael

6. Re: Lodging in Eilat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, February 08, 2013
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging in Eilat

Shanewest - did you manage to find anything around the $100 mark. We too are senior citizens (not that it helps to get hotel rooms any cheaper.) Were also looking for what youre looking for. We come to Israel often but have not been to Eilat for years. Thinking of the beginning of June. Please let me know what and if you found something. Many thanks

Eilat, Israel
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging in Eilat

do's it have to be a hotel?

a friend recently opend a place called "sigala", it's a house with a few rooms, centrally located, reasonably priced. i think you can find some comments on tripadvisor.

(and a long the way contribute to eilat's people struggle against the hotels monopoley)

:)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodging in Eilat

avichai (#8),

I'm all for private initiatives but you're going about this the wrong way... The first thing your friend should do is upload 20 photos to the zimmer's tripadvisor listing. Nobody will give a place a chance without photos.

The second thing would be to start asking guests to post reviews.

Edited: 3:05 am, April 03, 2013
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lodging in Eilat

aVICHAI - I would be interested depending on the price of course and if there are any facvilities such as breakfast, a pool, situaion. Ask your friend to email me - I will send you my email address. Thanks