We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha Villas

Tel Aviv
1 post
Save Topic
Aloha Villas

Has anyone ever stayed at one of the Aloha Villas?

I am planning on staying at the Shanti Villa in Shahamon, Eilat, but I can't seem to find any review of the place... also the guy, Avi, doesnt really give much information about himself and wants me to send in a deposit via mail to a p.o. box which is sounding sketchy to me...

if anyone knows anymore about this please let me know, if its legit I really want to go.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha Villas

You are right to hesitate on this.

Although the company might be perfectly legit, if the manager (which Avi seems to be) isn't upfront, you haven't received a rental contract which you sign which clearly states the terms including cancellation policy, prices, inclusions, exclusions, etc, you should not be sending a cheque.

Legitimate businesses of this size SHOULD have different payment options that include credit card and paypal. This way you are protected to some degree. Most of the apartments I have rented in Israel give the option of how to pay and I would never rent a place without a signed contract which covers all the points I mentioned earlier.

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha Villas

Checked the web site, and I know some of the villas listed but not heard of the company

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,946 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha Villas

If Bluesman, our Eilat local expert, hasn't heard of it, I'd be wary.

Douglas Duckett

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Aloha Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 08, 2012