We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra and Wadi Rum

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Petra and Wadi Rum

Hi guys

I am right at the begining of planning a trip to Israel for next year,

and i would like to go Petra and Wadi Rum as well and it seems it is best to leave from Eilat, I have looked at few tour companys but can not seem to find one that does both from Eilat, I would prefer to stay one night at a hotel near Petra and maybe do Wadi rum on the way back to Eilat.

Has anyone done something similar or know of a tour they could recommend.

Thank you

Belinda :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

For logistics within Jordan you should post this on the Jordan forum

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

All the tours go to Wadi Rum on the first day and then overnight either in a tent or continue to Petra and spend the night in a hotel. If you want a different itinerary then you have to do a private tour which will cost you much more.

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

Thank you both for your replys

I did find one tour company that does both Ben Harin

thank for the info bluesman do you know the name of any tour companys that do Wadi Rum / Petra

Cheers

Bangalore
Level Contributor
41 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

Dessert eco tours do the Petra Wadi Rum route. I am in touch with them to do it for my trip in December.

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

Thank you Duchess

I have looked at them, would be great to hear how you go

Crozet, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

We were in Israel last week and took a Desert Eco Tour to Petra/Wadi Rum while there. I can say they were very good, took care of all the details (border crossing, meals, etc). The guides they provided were very good as well, and we had a lot of fun while on this tour with them.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

I also did the Wadi Rum/Petra tour with Desert EcoTours. It went really well. We stayed at a smaller hotel right in Wadi Mousa (the town that is located at the entrance to Petra). Also had a choice to do a group, semi-private or private tour. We did the semi-private so there were only 2 of us and 2 other participants. My pictures from that trip are posted on tripadvisor.

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

Thank you both for the recommendations, they sound great

anmejoshme your photos are great, I cannot wait to get there,,

Mount Laurel, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

We just did both this week. We did it on our own without the overpriced tour companies though. We walked across the border and took a taxi to the center of town to pick up our thrifty rental car. We drove to wadi rum and it took less than an hour. People are extremely friendly and the roads are better than in the states. We did a tour with Bedouin roads and loved every minute of it. Our guide was great and took us everywhere we wanted to go and made us lunch in the desert. When the day there was over we drove to Petra and checked in at the Marriott just in time for sunset at 6:30. Again easy drive and beautiful mountain scenery. The next day we got up and did the five minute drive to Petra. We spent the entire day there and then drove the car back to Aqaba and took a taxi to the border to walk back to our other rental car that was waiting for us in the parking lot. Best two days ever!! Any other questions let me know.

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Petra and Wadi Rum

That sounds awesome

but I would probably go wrong some where along the line, lol

not to mention Im traveling with a some what nervous friend :-)