We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

message for Anon re help needed please

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
message for Anon re help needed please

Many thanks for your help.

You asked what our budget was.We like to stay in 5* hotel so the budget is not an issue,we would like a hotel on the beach but not a very big hotel.

Also have you any contacts for any nice hotels.

When we was in Sharm I found it a little disappointing not being able to walk into the sea ,what are the beaches like in Eilat?

You are my first contact for my queries so any info you have would be great.

Many thanks

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: message for Anon re help needed please

Sorry for not having answered sooner - the events in the country together with a nasty cough kept me away from the PC.

Most of the 5 stars hotels in Eilat are big and most of them are grouped together, along the beach. For a better shot at relaxation your way, you might try the Orchidea (http://www.orchidhotel.co.il/), a hotel made of Thai style wooden huts huddled around a pool and a "Mum hut". It is visually beautiful, although I haven't been there in a while and it's a hotel whose beauty depends a lot upon its upkeeping.

I checked and indeed the Herod's Vitalis is a spa Hotel barred to little darlings (18 yrs minimum). It has 53 rooms but it's a hotel within a hotel (look at the Frommer's review and the glowing reports in this website). I was at the Dan a few months ago and was very satisfied, but's it really doesn't fit your bill as it's humongous and likes to flaunt it.

Post a message if I can be of further help.

Oh, I'll steal a suggestion from Douglas - apart from checking prices at the hotel websites and maybe your travel agent, you might like to try Regents Tours at http://www.regent.co.il/ - they are rumoured to have very good prices - mention Douglas sent you.