We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help needed please

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
help needed please

We are looking to visit Eilat in Mar/April ,just hubby and myself.we ahve never been before(but been to Sharm el Sheilk).

Can you help with the following requests?

1 nice hotel with large pool,

2 Within walking distance of bars shops etc.

3 On beach if possiable I like to be able to walk into water.

4 a hotel without many steps is a must I am ok with about 40 steps but no more.

5 If possiable a hotel with too many kids !! these sounds mean but after a life time with the little darlings I would like some peace and quite.

Many thanks

sheila

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help needed please

Try to time your visit not on a holiday, and you will have more of a chance not to meet with tons of little darlings. Eilat is a family preferred destination, and during the period in which you plan your visit, there are a few holidays (Passover, Independence Day). I seem to remember - if you want to be extra sure - that the Herod's Vitalis (the spa one) is off-bounds to children, but it is expensive. Which brings me to the budget question: many hotels in Eilat fit the bill you described. I suggest you go to some hotel site and choose a few. It will be easier for us to help once we know more or less what your specific preferences are.

Enjoy!!

London, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help needed please

I agree! We stayed at the Herods Vitalis spa in October and the security guard actually turned a family with kids out of the revolving doors so no danger there. There are some steps to the pool and the pool is half outside, half in. There is pool service and beach service, so once you are settled for the day you barely have to move. You have free access to the spa facilities - jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, waterfalls and the treatments are really good value.

If you are flexible on dates try to go before Easter of after Easter week as this coincides with Passover this year. At Passover the cost will be higher and it will be busier.

Have fun!

London, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help needed please

Forgot to say, www.travelmania.co.il is a good hotel website!

Dimona, Israel
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: help needed please

You might consider the Americana Hotel, which covers all of your requirements, except one. It's a few blocks from the beach, but those blocks are on level ground. There are hundreds of taxis in Eilat, and they are very cheap.

I've stayed at the IYHA youth hostel several times, as it's right on the beach (no pool). However, there are often crowds of teenagers there. If you ask for a ground-floor room, you'll only have about 15 steps to negotiate.

Many Eilat hotels sell packages to Americans which do not include breakfast. All the Americans I know have been quite disappointed when they arrive in Eilat, see the huge Israeli breakfast, and realize that it's not included in their package. Consider making sure that you're getting B&B (breakfast include) IN WRITING, in advance.

You can write me directly at dshachar@excite.com. I live in Israel.

Dimona, Israel
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help needed please

By the way, the Americana is one of the cheapest in Eilat. There are dozens of hotels in Eilat, and it would be easier to reply to you if I knew your budget. For instance, all the hotels in the Isratel Hotels chain are fantastic, with the exception of the Sports Hotel, which is geared at younger, noiser people.