We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eilat hotels -- clean with great pools?

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Eilat hotels -- clean with great pools?

Hi, we have reservations this December at 3 hotels, and can't figure out which would be best. They are: Sheraton Moriah, Orchid, and Isrotel King Solomon. We have four kids ages 10-15, and our main concerns are: great pool, clean rooms, spacious rooms, nice showers, great beds. We figure we'll be outside most of the time, but when we're back in the hotel we want nice amenities. Between the 3, which would you recommend?

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eilat hotels -- clean with great pools?

The Sheraton is newer. The Orchid is nice but outside town and main attractions. King Solomon was the first luxury hotel in Eilat. I haven't stayed there and don't know when it was last furbished. I would go for the Sheraton.

london
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Eilat hotels -- clean with great pools?

I would definately choose the King Solomon. It's a beautiful hotel and the kids facilities are fantastic. They have a kids club and a huge pirate ship near the pool area for kids to play on and burger ranch restaurant for kids. Check before to see what events will be running for kids. I have stayed there many times in the last 10 years with my family. Never stayed in the Moriah but I have been inside and although it is also very nice, it seems to attract elderly couples.

3. Re: Eilat hotels -- clean with great pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:54 am, March 25, 2006
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eilat hotels -- clean with great pools?

Is it me or these three posts have been written by the same person?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,778 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eilat hotels -- clean with great pools?

It does sound like shilling to me, Anon. Recommending places is fine. Multiple posts by the same person under different names to create an illusion is not.

Douglas Duckett

israel
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Eilat hotels -- clean with great pools?

Out of the three .. most people would say the Sheraton .. It is a big "luxury" chain .. I prefer Orchid, but I have a car .. without one it is too far out towards Sinai to be convienient .. Isrotel, well I like the chain more than the Sheraton, but I have never stayed in that particular one, there are also some comments that Isrotel do have slight bias towards Israelis, I think it is just to club members of Isrotel myself and that is fair enough to me. All in all .. the Sheraton is your safest bet!

Have a good holiday, I will also be there .. Gr8 weather so far!