We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport Stamp

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
321 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Passport Stamp

Greetings Everyone!

I know this is probably a stupid question, but from what I gather from other forums, some people are hesitant in having an Israeli stamp in their passports.

I will be traveling from Sharm to Petra, and we (3 of us - US citizens) are going to have a driver from Sharm to the Israeli border. Then we'll need to arrange transportation there to Aqaba (any recommendations???? anyone know costs for taxi/bus/other options??) to our final destination of Petra.

My question is, will we have a hard time getting back into Egypt?? (We'll be flying Amman to Cairo, then on to Amsterdam)

Any advice you all have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Christine

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport Stamp

You won't have a hard time getting back into Egypt; that country has a peace treaty and diplomatic relations with Israel. Other than Israel and Jordan, however, most of the Arab world will not allow you to enter with an Israeli stamp in your passport. It's an easy problem to solve -- if this is a concern, then you need to ask Israeli border control to stamp a separate sheet of paper. This is a routine request with with they routinely comply.

Have a great trip!

Douglas Duckett

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport Stamp

I visited Egypt last years with an Israeli stamp in my passport with no problem. If you leave the airport in Cairo, you will need to buy a tourist visa (it's about $12).

If you have even the remotest chance of visiting Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Sudan, Yemen, or Libya in the near future, have them stamp a piece of paper for you.

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport Stamp

Taxis are available at the Taba border, if there isn't one there just ask the boys and girls at the border to phone for one, cost around 50 Shekels $15 to the Arava border. Taba border is open 24/7 however the Arava border is open only from 06.30-20.00 Sun-Fri and Sat 08.00-20.00

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport Stamp

Hi

I had no problems, got a visum at the border of Jordan , no stamps in my passport.

You stay 1 day in Aqaba?You can make a price with a taxi-driver, Petra is wonderful If you are going soon take warm clothes with you I was there in april last year and it was freezing , and there was snow.

At the same time 25 degrees in eilat.....

Have a great trip and welcome to Amsterdam

Regards Yvonne

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
321 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport Stamp

Thank you so much Everyone!

Your comments were very helpful! As I don't plan on visiting any of the countries listed above, I shouldn't have a problem w/an Israeli stamp. In fact, I'm looking forward to our little pit stop in Israel, as I have never been before.

We'll probably stop for breakfast there, any suggestions on where to go??

Thanks so much,

Christine

6. Re: Passport Stamp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 14, 2009