We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TelAviv to Eilat and return

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
11 posts
309 reviews
Save Topic
TelAviv to Eilat and return

We are on a tight schedule. Is there a private tour guide to drive us from TelAviv to Eilat, tour some sights and return same day (late) to TelAviv

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,825 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TelAviv to Eilat and return

The drive from Tel-Aviv to Eilat is about 5 hrs each way. What do you want too see in Eilat (or along the way?)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,212 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TelAviv to Eilat and return

Eilat is a beach resort. Five hours each way is obviously not a practical day trip, and the beach in Tel Aviv is anyway much nicer.

There is desert scenery along the way, but you don't have to go as far as Eilat to see desert.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,563 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TelAviv to Eilat and return

You are not going to find someone wanting to drive 10 hours plus tour in one day. Even if you did, would you want to be a passenger in a car with an exhausted driver? Doesn't appear safe to me.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,327 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TelAviv to Eilat and return

Please come back and tell us what exactly about Eilat is drawing you there for such a short visit. As others have pointed out this does not sound like a logical or doable plan.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: TelAviv to Eilat and return

It's funny, but I was thinking about doing this myself. At first I thought about flying down in the morning and then back in the early afternoon. If I rented a car I could drive 5 hours to Eilat, go snorkeling for 2 hours, grab a bite to eat and head back to Tel Aviv. It's been a while. I remember some of the road is pretty curvy with a lot of hairpin turns down mountains. Seems it took longer than 5 hours when we did it about 10 years ago.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,825 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TelAviv to Eilat and return

If you are asking a question, read the previous posts for the answer.

Fort Lee, NJ
Level Contributor
3 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TelAviv to Eilat and return

Fly - both Arkia and Israir fly from Sde Dov in Tel Aviv and you'll be in Eilat in 45 minutes. The airport is small so you can get there 30 minutes before flight time and have plenty of time to spare. Back and forth in one day is very doable.

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Eilat
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TelAviv to Eilat and return

Check in time for tourists, especially those that went to Petra is ONE HOUR+

9. Re: TelAviv to Eilat and return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 12, 2018