We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Israel
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels

I've just bought tickets to La Traviata at Masada, and now I'm looking into hotels for the night of the performance. After having just spent a lot of money on the tickets, I don't want to book the most expensive hotel, but I do want something nice. I've never vacationed in the Dead Sea area, so I'm totally unfamiliar with the hotels there. Naturally, I've had a look at the hotel section on TA, but the reviews are so diversified that I'm feeling confused. (Could be that I'm not thinking very clearly since I'm ecstatic about having purchased the opera tickets.) Any recommendations or comments?

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotels

I have stayed in Isrotel Ganim and really liked it, especially as it's not as big as some of the others. It's worth checking daka90 for offers if you are booking nearer the time, though as others have said, it will likely be a busy period if the opera is on.

Israel
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotels

Will check out that hotel, Avigail.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotels

Lot and Hod are both nice.

Israel
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotels

Duly noted, Pitzikat. :-)

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotels

Wow, you must be excited. For one night I suggest to stay at the Massada hostel and just walk to the venue. The parking for those coming is on the eastern part of the road and you have to walk quite a bit to get to where the seats are. It will crowded and HOT. June is already very hot "down there". I was supposed to go when Carmen was on as my husband did some work for the production. I went with him for one of his visits 2 days before the opening and it was SO hot that we gave up and did not go. You'll be admitted to the hotel at 1300-1400 and have to leave at least one hour before to park and walk to your seats. Better stay at the hostel, which is very nice (I have stayed there not long ago), enjoy the pool. Order half board, the food is OK, and walk peacefully to the show in comfortable shoes and slacks. Enjoy!

Edited to add - Sorry to bring you down to reality.

Edited: 10:10 am, December 29, 2013
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotels

Here are more remarks - the venue place has 6000 seats, besides some "invited" people. Just imagine the traffic jams on the narrow road leading to Massada. There might be shuttles from the parking lots to the performance place. As said stay at the hostel, enjoy the pool have a light dinner or bring some food with you. There are refrigerators in the rooms. Bring with you to the show at least a big bottle of water. Don't dress up and no high heels. Book your place ASAP. The production has hundreds of people working on it. They live there for several weeks before the shows so all the nearby places will be full. People do not realize what an operation these shows are. What we would call "MIVZA".

Israel
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hotels

Many thanks, Shoshi, for your detailed replies. Concerning transportation to the show, I heard that free shuttles are provided to take people from the parking lot to the performance. Alternately, one can book a shuttle which leaves from the hotel area in Ein Bokek. (That's not for free.) Regarding the hotel, in the end, I decided to book the Isrotel Ganim.

Once again, I'm grateful to all of you for your input.

18. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 31, 2014