We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dead Sea bathing in December

Madrid, Spain
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dead Sea bathing in December

I am planning a visit to the Dead Sea in December And I wonder about the temperatures inside and outside the water. Is it too cold for a sea bath in this season? Any recommendation about this? Any area with better conditions in December?

Thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,420 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dead Sea bathing in December

The air temperature may be a bit chilly at 15 degrees and maybe windy, but it could also be 30, hard to tell. What is static is the water temperature at around 28- 32 degrees. Other than Eilat its probably your best beach option. But note that you can float, not swim for short period of time.

Chana

Israel

Madrid, Spain
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dead Sea bathing in December

Thanks for your quick answer. The purpose of the visit is to test the "floating feeling" in salty water. Driving from Jerusalem, is Mineral Beach the best stop for a family planning a quick visit?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dead Sea bathing in December

Mineral Beach is perfect for a quick stop. The temp will still be what Chana pointed out....

Dr. Z

Seattle
Level Contributor
54 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dead Sea bathing in December

We will also be there in December. Will it be warmer a lttle further south in Ein Bokek versus MIneral Beach? My friend wants to do a beach and spa day at the Dead Sea, so I'm thinking we'll probably do the day pass at Crown Plaza, unless someone can recommend a better hotel for a day pass?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dead Sea bathing in December

Crown Plaza is my favorite hotel in Ein Boqek.

The temp should be identical , if not a degree or two warmer.

Dr. Z

Seattle
Level Contributor
54 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dead Sea bathing in December

Thanks Drill-n-fill! I would probably just pick any cheap beach for a quick dip, but my friend wants a more upscale experience, so we'll head to the Crowne Plaza :-)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
91 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dead Sea bathing in December

I second Dr. Z's reccomendation - The crown plaza is one of the best hotels there. However, If you want a unique, new age experience for adults only, try the spa club dead sea, part of the prima hotel group. Had a fanatastic experience there.

8. Re: Dead Sea bathing in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, December 16, 2013