We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Needed on Best Beach for Us for Quick Dead Sea Float

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Needed on Best Beach for Us for Quick Dead Sea Float

I'm trying to find a beach where my family will be able to take a quick dip into the Dead Sea. The one requirement is that it must not involve a long walk from our car to the beach as we have mobility issues.

After doing some research I have narrowed it down to three options: Ein Gedi Spa (which I've been to so I'm familiar with it), Ein Bokek public beach or the Lot Hotel.

Can anyone tell me if the beach at Ein Bokek is close to the car park? Also, would you recommend this beach?

I'm also considering the Lot Hotel but we are going to be driving from Jerusalem on the day and want to visit Qumran, Massada and take a dip into the Dead Sea in one day. If we were to go to the Lot Hotel, we would probably go to Qumran, then the Lot Hotel, then Massada. We are picking up the car rental that day so realistically we wouldn't get out of Jerusalem until at least 9;00 AM.

The Lot Hotel Day Spa pass is, I believe, around 200 shekels per person and it includes lunch. The facilities look really nice, but logistically, I'm not sure if I can make it work and if we'd be able to spend enough time there so that it would be worth the money.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give us on this.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Needed on Best Beach for Us for Quick Dead Sea Float

I'd say you are probably right and you won't really have much time left after visiting getting down to the Dead Sea, visiting Qumran and Masada. The beach at Ein Bokek has the best access to the water and I'd say is your best bet. Are you going on a weekend or weekday? The weekends can get very very busy down there! But midweek it's more relaxed. Some of the other beaches can be very stony and getting in and out of the water can be difficult (and are a long walk from the car park as you say). You can park right in front of the beach at Ein Bokek (theoretically - probably not on a weekend!)

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,227 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Needed on Best Beach for Us for Quick Dead Sea Float

Another option is to pick up the car in the late afternoon the day BEFORE (unless you are going on a Sunday). Then you can get very early start and arrive at Massada when it opens at 8 AM. (I am also assuming that you are renting the car for more than one day).

San Juan...
Level Contributor
558 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Needed on Best Beach for Us for Quick Dead Sea Float

I stayed at the Lot Spa Hotel. It's pretty nice. The beach and swimming area are easily accessible. They have a nice swimming pool, too. We had good massages in their spa, and the food was good.

My previous Ein Bokek stay was at Le Meridien, which was also fine, but I prefer the Lot.

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Needed on Best Beach for Us for Quick Dead Sea Float

Thanks everyone for your responses.

We are going on a Sunday, so unfortunately we can't pick the car up the day before. Otherwise, we would be able to start earlier which would make the Lot Hotel a more realistic option.

From the feedback, I think we'll probably opt for the public beach at Ein Bokek.

Thanks again.

5. Re: Advice Needed on Best Beach for Us for Quick Dead Sea Float

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, June 18, 2013