We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eilat to dead sea

london
14 posts
Save Topic
eilat to dead sea

HI

What is the best way to visit the Dead Sea for one day from Eilat?

Is it possible??

Debbie

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,231 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eilat to dead sea

It would be a long drive -- 2 to 3 hours each way.

Douglas Duckett

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,231 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eilat to dead sea

It would be a long drive -- 2 to 3 hours each way.

Douglas Duckett

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

london
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: eilat to dead sea

I have been to Massadah (sp?) before and I do not want to do the usual day trip that splits the day up between Massadah and the Dead Sea. Is it possible to do a day trip to the Dead Sea without visiting Massadah?

Is the two or three hour journey best taken by bus or car?

Thank you

Debbie

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eilat to dead sea

It's the same distance whether to Masada or the Dead Sea (from Eilat).

You can take Egged Bus #444 (which goes from Eilat to Jerusalem), but tell the driver you want to get off at the Dead Sea - BE SPECIFIC - either the public beach at En Bokek (he goes right by there where all the big hotels are) or at Ein Gedi Spa (he stops on the road and you walk in) OR at other beaches & facilities along that road.

The same bus (#444) goes from Jerusalem to Eilat, but be sure to check the schedule and be waiting at the bus stop on the road when he is going by so he'll stop for you!

suzanne pomeranz, jerusalem, israel

london
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: eilat to dead sea

Thank you for your replies ... it all helps.

One last question: of all the 'spa treatments' in the Dead Sea - what is the best one if you can only afford one?

Thanks

Debbie

new york
Level Contributor
228 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eilat to dead sea

I just came back from the a trip to israel (in feb) and i can warn you to keep away from the EIN GEDI SPA it is disgusting and unkept, smelly and lacked service. I dont know what the going rate is but i felt they were expensive. look back a bit in the forum and someone reccomended to me before my trip (check Jan posts) a diffrent spa but i cant remeber the name.

enjoy! and if its not to late the Agamim hotel is a must! im just dying to go back.

london
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: eilat to dead sea

HI

We are booked into the sister hotel - The Royal Beach and I have heard good things about it.

Was the other spa called Ein Bokek?

Thanks

Debbie

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eilat to dead sea

Ein Bokek is the name of the place along the Dead Sea coast where all the large hotels (and some smaller hotels) are located. Most have their own spa facilities, so the best thing is to ask the hotels of interest what sort of treatments & services are available generally and what (besides breakfast) is included (if anything) in the price of your room.

suzanne pomeranz, jerusalem, israel

london
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: eilat to dead sea

HI Suzeanne

Thanks for this information. I am not intending to stay overnight at the Dead Sea but who knows ...!

I will enquire at the hotels to find out prices of treatments at the hotels.

Shalom

Debi

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
763 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eilat to dead sea

Well I don't know whether it was me or someone else who recommended the Ein Gedi Spa! But I'll stick to my guns!

Maybe it was smelly because of the SULPHUR baths???

It's really good value as everything is included in the price. Train or pleasant walk down to the Dead Sea, enormous boxes of mud so you can give yourself the full treatment, a full size fresh water swimming pool, indoor and outdoor hot sulphur baths! Lockers, changing rooms, towels, hot showers.

Look, when things are busy then maybe the facilities stay a little less clean than we would like but I've taken lots of people there and I've never had a bad experience.

And, as I mentioned somewhere else on the board, the one thing that makes it better than all the others - fresh water taps right out in the Dead Sea so that if you happen to splash your eyes (excruciating pain) or even get the water in your mouth (unbelievably disgusting) - you can immediately get relief!

I may be wrong but I also think the Egged bus goes directly to the spa.

Suzanne?

And if you wanted to visit the Ein Gedi kibbutz and botanical gardens they have a shuttle bus you can use.

Pamela Levene

p.s. all sorts of massages are on offer - but you would be advised to book ahead.