We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to the Dead Sea from Eilat

England
4 posts
Save Topic
Getting to the Dead Sea from Eilat

Me and my friend are going to be in Israel this july to do some volunteer work, once we have completed the project we would like to visit the Dead Sea.

How would we get from Eilat to the Dead Sea by bus?

How long would it take, what's the cost etc?

What times do buses leave?

Also, could anyone tell me the same informaion but regarding getting from the Dead Sea to Jerusalem?

Many thanks,

Dan

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting to the Dead Sea from Eilat

Am I right in understanding from your question that you would like to get from Eilat to Ein Gedi on Friday, and then continue to Jerusalem?

If so, then you need to get the 444 at 07:00 which arrives at Ein Gedi at about 10:10.

If you want to continue on to Jerusalem after that, you have just 3 buses: 444 at 13:10 or 16:10, or the 421 at 14:30. Personally, I wouldn't even try to get the 13:10, as that won't leave you much time at Ein Gedi. The bus from Ein Gedi to Jerusalem takes about 1 hour 50 minutes.

If I am wrong, and you are intending to stay over the weekend in Ein Gedi, then you can also get a bus from Ein Gedi to Jerusalem on Saturday night - there are 4 buses between 18:30 and 19:40, and another one at 20 to 1 in the morning.

On Sunday through Thursday you have 11 buses per day, between 6 in the morning and 8:10pm.

miami
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting to the Dead Sea from Eilat

Hi My friends and I are going to be in Eilat in November. We also want to get from Eliat to the Dead Sea by bus. I saw on Egged.co.il that there is bus #444 but is says "express" to Jerusalem. But I heard you can stop in Ein Gedi on this bus. Do you know if this is true?

thanks

Patricia

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting to the Dead Sea from Eilat

Yes, the #444 bus from Eilat to Jerusalem will let you off at Ein Gedi.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting to the Dead Sea from Eilat

There are also other busses going to Ein Gedi from Jerusalem. The bus to Eilat is usually crowded with travellers to and from Eilat and if you plan to board it at Ein Gedi to Jerusalem you might find it full already.You can book seats on the Eilat bus to and from Ein Gedi only, to the best of my knowledge.

15. Re: Getting to the Dead Sea from Eilat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 28, 2009