We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus 21 from Jerusalem to Bethlehem schedules

Mexico
Level Contributor
19 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Bus 21 from Jerusalem to Bethlehem schedules

I'm planning to visit the Nativity Church in Bethlehem around August this year. I've been told that is better to arrive there the aerliest possible in the morning in order to avoid hours of line waiting to enter the church.

How early do you recommend to arrive? and most importantly, at what time can I take the first bus (Bus 21) at the Arab Bus Station in Jerusalem?

Is it possible to be in Bethlehem by 6:30 am?

My visit takes place on Shabat, does that represents a problem with schedules?

Edited: 11:21 pm, May 20, 2012
Tasmania
Level Contributor
16 posts
759 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus 21 from Jerusalem to Bethlehem schedules

The Arab bus 21 works for tourists both ways so ignore the post above about having to go back through checkpoint 300 - this is not true. The 21 is the cheapest and easiest way from damascus gate to bethlehem. It costs NIS7.30 and stay on to last stop. Get off bus, turn right and then left up Paulus IV Street which is initially uphill - follow straight on to Manger Square. Ignore taxi touts who tell you what a long walk it is... It is 15 minutes and you go through a really interesting area. Shop on way back if you want food as prices much lower than Jerusalem (eg baklawa huge tray for NIS10). Bus leaves from the same stop you got off. On way back at checkpoint all Palestinians get off, but tourists stay on for passport check. We has an amazing day in the West Bank today and felt perfectly safe. We also had the best and cheapest falafel of our trip!

12. Re: Bus 21 from Jerusalem to Bethlehem schedules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bethlehem