Hello everyone! I am in search of some advice and helpful tips! I am traveling to Israel with my mother and brother (all US citizens) for 6 days in April. I would like to take mini-trip over to Petra and the internet is confusing me on the best way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance fellow travelers!
1) I understand that there are 2 or 3 land border crossings from Israel into Jordan. What are the difference/benefits of each one? We are looking for the fastest/easiest/safest way across. We are only in Israel a week, so we are willing to pay more for convenience.
b. I know some of the crossings require a visa? Which ones? Can we get the visa on arrival or do we have apply for one beforehand?
2) How the entry/exit fees work if we are only in Jordan 1-2 days.
3) We are planning to visit Jerusalem, Teleaviv, and the dead sea. Should we depart for Petra from one of these locations?
4) Is this mini-trip to Petra possible to do in one day, or should we plan on staying one night in Jordan?
5) Finally, once we decide which border cross works best- should we just ask our hotel to get a taxi to take us across (I also read that a taxi will have to drop you off at the border, you will walk through and get a new taxi once in Jordan?) are there recommended tour companies that can take care of all the arrangements and hassle for us?
So Many questions so little time! Thank you THANK YOU for your help!