We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long summer stay accomodation

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Long summer stay accomodation

Hi. I'm a college student and I'm planing to do a project in Israel over the summer, probably in Jerusalem. I want to stay for 2 months or longer and have looked at several places. Even the cheapest is more than $1,000 a month and I'm not willing to pay that much. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks

Israel
Level Contributor
736 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Long summer stay accomodation

As far as I know the HU only rents to students in summer programmes as there is a lot of demand. I also haven't heard such positive things about the dorms - there are some nice buildings but the older ones are really not that nice and you usually have to share a room with someone else. The location is also not very convenient unless you're working/studying at the Mt Scopus campus of the university. If you're working elsewhere, I'd go for a private rental, trying all the sites people have suggested above. NB you are much more likely to find a summer sublet from someone who has already rented the place than a short term contract on a student flat.

There is a new compound of dorms, the Students Village (Kfar HaStudentim), in which you can find great facilities (have visited there myself) although Avigail is right: you might share a room with another guy. This Students village was actually opened this year, so it's as new as possible. Regarding location, even if you're working/studying Not in the Mt Scopus campus, the public transportaion from there is very convenient and will bring you to virtually anyplace in the city. For example, to the city center within about 20 min or so.

Israel
Level Contributor
736 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Long summer stay accomodation

oops, sorry for repeating Avigail's post... :-0

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Long summer stay accomodation

thank you so much for all the info :)

14. Re: Long summer stay accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 25, 2009