We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ein Rafa Festival - March 28

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
11,254 posts
15 reviews
Ein Rafa Festival - March 28

Yesterday I visited the Ein Rafa "Ta'am Shel Pa'am" Festival in the Israeli Arab village of Ein Rafa near Jerusalem. The festival will continue next Saturday March 28 so you have another opportunity to spend an interesting and entertaining afternoon there.

The village is located on the south side of Highway 1 at the Hemed Interchange, opposite Abu Ghosh.

The main feature of the festival is a courtyard where the residents sell local food that they have prepared themselves - soups, stuffed vegetables, pitas, pastries, desserts, etc - together with music and dancing. There are also walking tours in the village and the surrounding area (Nahal Kisalon) and and "open houses" where you can meet and chat with the town residents.

http://goo.gl/maps/kR21m

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Ein Rafa Festival - March 28

Thanks, mbgg!

As Douglas (Labatt) mentioned in his report yesterday, it was a nice surprise meeting you there yesterday.

I join in the recommendation to visit this heartwarming and interesting event. The festival is quite small and not polished or slick, and it's the first time that this pretty village is opening itself up in this way. Definitely worth encouraging.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,590 posts
239 reviews
2. Re: Ein Rafa Festival - March 28

It was indeed wonderful, and thank you, Shaul, for taking me! It is exactly the kind of "real Israel" event that I love, just as I love walking through Shuk Ha-Carmel in Tel Aviv or Mahane Yehuda in Jerusalem.

And thank you for writing more about it, mbgg -- it was a delight running into you!

Douglas Duckett

In Jerusalem

Edited: 5:36 am, March 22, 2015
3. Re: Ein Rafa Festival - March 28

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 23, 2016