We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dead Sea photography

London, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Dead Sea photography

Does anyone know where the scenic locations would be to take photographs of the dead sea? I am hoping for crystal caves, petrified trees/plants, salt crystal formations etc. Anything like the images this photographer has taken http://www.pbase.com/doronnissim/dead_sea. I appreciate that the shoreline is difficult because of the sink holes but presumably the area featured in the website is ok?

Thanks

israel
Destination Expert
for Mitspe Ramon
Level Contributor
692 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dead Sea photography

I did not make time to see the pictures but in answer to where there are reeds:

Einot Tzukim which is on the edge of the northern basin is a series of brakish springs on the edgo of the dead sea. Unfortunately a big fire damaged the area a couple of years ago and the receeding shore line has caused huge parts of the area to become sinkhole ridden. Be very carefull if you choose to go to this area and stay in the deignated areas that are monitored by authourities.

At the most southern end of the dead sea near Neot HaKikar are some massive salt marshes most of which are not accessable but the edges of some are. There is less salt there as the marshes are brakish and do not touch the edge of the sea itself.

For both these areas you are best off with a local guide from the area.

Adam

12. Re: Dead Sea photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 13, 2014