We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route Planner

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Route Planner

Hi,

I'm planning to travel in Israel for two weeks by car, and i want to know if there is some route planner in the web, that i can map multiple addresses simultaneously and optimize my ways.

I don't want to waste money, time and fuel.

Thanks

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route Planner

Try "Google Maps".

And post your trips here : we also can advise you on the best routes.

You don't say how long you will be in the country in total and what your overall itinerary is, but you definitely do not need a car when you are in Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem. Traffic and parking make a car a liability in these two cities.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,313 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route Planner

I agree with mbgg's comment. The best way to do it is to start in Tel Aviv, rent a car when going north (or, for that matter, south), and end your trip in Jerusalem, dropping the car off on arrival. Or you can reverse directions, though I like ending a trip in Jerusalem. You can use buses or cabs in the cities (and in Jerusalem on some trips, light rail), and use a cab to and from the airport (in Jerusalem, you also have the option of a sherut, or group taxi).

Douglas Duckett

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route Planner

The Eldan car rental website has a section with articles about touring Israel which might help you....

http://www.eldan.co.il/en/touring_israel.aspx

4. Re: Route Planner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 05, 2014