We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel in April

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Israel in April

Hi

I am a solo backpacker from India.I will be traveling to Israel on 4rth April for 12 days.My itinerary will include Tel Aviv,Jerusalem,Nazareth,Bethlehem,Akko,Dead Sea,Galilee and Haifa.I am looking for travel companions to share the costs for the entire trip,part of it or day trips.

Israel
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel in April

I would recommend to start your trip in Tel Aviv.. it would be much easier to find fellow backpackers to travel with.

Did you book a hotel/hostel ...?

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel in April

Thank you for your message.I have not yet booked a hostel because I am still confused as to how many days should I be in Tel Aviv to explore the nearby places.I would like to do a few day trips around Tel Aviv.Can you please suggest which places I can visit using Tel Aviv as base

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel in April

svetlanabaghawan, don't forget that you need to arrange a visa from the Israeli consulate near you, before arriving to Israel.

Before we can suggest you - you need to say what do you want to see. Archaelogical sites? mountain trekking? museums? markets? religious sites?

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel in April

Thank you Amos.I will definitely remember that.I am interested in nature,markets,archaeological sites...simply to explore and photograph the country side most of all..Bethlehem,Jeruslem,Sea of Galilee,Masada,Dead Sea are on my hot list

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel in April

No I have not yet booked a hostel.Still confused with the duration of stay in each city

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel in April

Allow the first 3 nights for Tel Aviv (i.e don't leave Tel Aviv before sunday, bear in mind there is no public transporation from friday afternoon to saturday night anyway).

You can easily explore the Carmel market, the sea-side promenade and old Jaffa. The port area is vibrant during the evening.

On friday go to Dizengoff center, there's a nice food fair there, with so many different cuisins.

Book a hostel in advance for those first 2 nights. You would probably find fellow backpackers for the rest of your trip, so I'll stop here.

Hostels: http://www.hostels-israel.com/tel-aviv/ or www.iyha.org.il/eng/Index.asp…

A must sees: Jerusalem (at least 3 nights, + visit Bethlehem from Jerusalem), Haifa (Bahai gardens, view of the bay at day and night & more), Dead Sea area (floating, Masada and Ein Gedi).

A lists of sites by criterias you've given:

Archaelogical sites: Caesarea, Beit She'an

Markets: Jerusalem Machne Yehuda market; Tel Aviv markets - use http://www.shuktlv.co.il/en/ for info.

Religious sites: Bahai gardens in Haifa, Sea of Galilee region, Jerusalem, Bethlehem.

Nature: Sea of Galilee region, Ein Gedi.

Israel
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel in April

I'm second to Amos suggestion regarding planing your trip. as a fellow backpacker i must point out that usually backpackers don't plan their entire trip in advanced. it's highly recommended to do your research in advanced and make plans for the first few days but afterwards and especially if you will travel with people you meet on route your plans will change many times.

Edited: 5:37 am, March 11, 2013
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel in April

Thank you for your suggestion.I am planning accordingly

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Israel in April

Thank you.I have decided on booking Tel Aviv hostel for 3 days and then looking around

10. Re: Israel in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 14, 2014