We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

Austin TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

I am a Indian Citizen residing in the US (GC). I plan to go to Israel for Vacation in Nov '13 time frame.

Can I obtain a Visa on arrival? If not, I decide to apply for a Visa right now, does anyone have an idea how long it will be valid for? Since it will be about 9 months from now when I will actually make it to Israel. The information I find online is not conclusive.

Please help.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,406 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

Since you will be traveling on an Indian passport you will need to apply for a visa in advance.

There is an Israeli consulate in Houston - I suggest you start there - check out their website …mfa.gov.il/index.php/…general-information and then call or email them with your specific questions - they are the only ones who can give you an authoritative answer.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

@Oreets:

Thanks for the for the prompt reply. I am trying to contact the Houston Consulate, it is hard to get an actual person on the phone. Will keep trying. Also, did send an email.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

@Ortees:

One more question: Would you happen to know the general Validity of the Tourist Visa? Duration?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,406 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

Sorry - to the best of my understanding there is not one standard answer to that question - length of visa can vary, though usually a tourist visa is 3 months and renewable. However, I don't know how long you can wait till you use it.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

Thanks Oreets.

Looks like you are correct, I got a reply from the Consulate stating that the visa validity is for 3 months for single entry.

I am trying to find out if I can apply for a Tourist Visa at the Isreal Consulates in any of the neighboring countries (Egypt, Turkey,etc). Please let me know if you have any idea if this will work or not.

Thanks !!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,406 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

You'll have to ask the consulate - I have no idea if you can get one elsewhere - but another consideration is that it takes time for processing. Getting a visa is not always a simple in and out procedure, so if you are planning to get one while you are traveling, that may not work.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

@Oreets,

Time won't be an issue if I can apply in a neighboring conutry, I will have a few weeks to get the processing done. I have already sent an email to the Consulate. Hope I get a positive response.

Thanks for all the info.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

Hi, I am currently in Jordan but was planning to go to Jerusalem for a few days. I have an Indian passport - is it possible to just go to the border and obtain a visa on arrival into Israel?

Thanks.

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

Hi, I am currently in Jordan but was planning to go to Jerusalem for a few days. I have an Indian passport - is it possible to just go to the border and obtain a visa on arrival into Israel?

Thanks.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Israel Tourist Visa for Indian National

From what I understand and found out from Israel consulate in US, No, Indian citizens don't get a visa on arrival to Israel.

You will have to apply in one of the neighboring countries or your country of citizenship or your country of residence. I have heard applications in Cairo, Egypt are possible. It will be a good idea to check with the Israel consulate in Jordan. My suggestion would be, don't buy a ticket without checking first, the Airlines might not let you on the flight without a Visa.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.