I just returned from an independent trip from November 6 to November 20, 2012 I thought it would be helpful to have the following information so you know what to expect at this particular crossing. This assumes you are returning from Jordan after visiting Jerusalem.
1. Your taxi or minibus drops you off at the passport checking area. It does not corss the border.
2. A government border porter (no tipping) takes your suitcase to run it separately from you through airport-type screening.
3. You go through a airport-type screening area for checking you and your purse/backpack.
4. You go into the passport area but at the "Change" counter you need to pay your 176 schekel ($46.00) exit fee. Instead of collecting a an entry visa fee Israel socks you with an exit fee before they let you leave!
5.Take the exit fee receipt with you and your passport to the customs officer for your passport to be stamped.
6. Pick up your luggage which has been screened and go to the ""Jett" shuttle bus (@5 Dinar) which takes you across the bridge to the Jordan side.
7. On the Jordan side there is a quick passport check. In the same areas you can change your Israeli schekels to Jordanian Dinars as no one in Jordan will want your Israeli currency/coins.
8. Meet with your prearranged private driver/minibus/or waiting line of taxis if you are going back to Amman or elsewhere in Jordan.