We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current safety conditions in Israel

CA
10 posts
Save Topic
Current safety conditions in Israel

We are planning to take a trip to Israel in Feb 2011. What is the current safety situation in the most commonly toured cities - Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Golan Heights, Haifa, Masada, etc?

Has any of these places been under rocket attacks in the past from Lebanon and Gaza?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

How far back do you want to go?

Israel is quite safe, even safer than most US cities.

Dr. Z

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

none of theses places are under any kind of threat.

CA
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

Thanks to your reply and assurance of safety. I am not really very much concerned about the rocket attacks from Lebanon nor Gaza for my self as I can perish without notice anytime because of my health. My concern is my wife.

Anyway, the tour we will be with is the 11-days tour offered by AmericaIsrael, Inc traveling from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, Haifa, Golan Heights, Safed, Tiberias and Masada.

This will be our first trip to Israel and we've been to Ephesus and Istanbul, Turkey. My wife is Buddhist and I am a Roman Catholic. The trip to the ruins of Ephesus and House of St. Mary gave me the reason to see other ancient places, especially Jerusalem. My brother's experience, who was there two years ago, gave me more urging to go to Israel.

CA
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

Thank you for your reply. I just need to confirm that it is safe, not for myself but for my wife. I believe my time will come anytime, wherever I may be and I haven't heard any news in the past about rockets falling in the tourist spots of Israel.

I worry more walking in the streets of the U. S. as I was a victim of a crime here in the U. S. in broad daylight, with people gathered around and watched as I was being beaten and robbed.

Herzliya, Israel
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

You can assure your wife that all of the places you mention are perfectly safe. None of them are near Gaza, which is the only place where there may be a bit of trouble at the moment. Anyway, if you're going on an organized tour, they're not going to take you anywhere "dangerous" so just relax and have a great trip!

Sara

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,681 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

Israeli streets are safe day and night. Safer than many other civilizied countries. So it is not an issue here at all. Now about rockets, your tour will be far from any of those places.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,623 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

As the others have noted, it is safe here. Additionally, you will be with an organized tour which will take all the necessary precautions to be certain that you do not go anywhere that may be even slightly questionable.

You can rest easy - come, enjoy, you'll have a wonderful time.

CA
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

Thanks to you all for the info and assurance. I'l book our trip and I'm sure that this one will be more memorable than our previous trips in the west mediterranean.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,076 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

Israel is one of the safest places to visit. When you come back from your trip let us know how it went. It's sure to be an unforgettable trip to the Holy Land.

Chana

Israel

CA
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Current safety conditions in Israel

I'll do post my experience in Israel when we come back or while we are there and I'll be honored to meet any or all the people who replied to my querry.