We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noah Tours

New York City, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Noah Tours

Has anyone toured Israel using Noah Tours and if so, would you recommend them

142 replies to this topic
Winterthur...
1 post
31. Re: Noah Tours

hi. my wife and I just went to Isreal using Noah Tours end of February 2014. It was everything perfect! We had nothing bad to say. Pick up times exactly, friendly, good tour guides. If we had questions, they always helped fast and friendly. All is good and we can strongly recommend them! Best wishes from Switzerland

Edited: 9:20 am, March 12, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
32. Re: Noah Tours

I just returned from a tour to Israel with Noah Tours. I should have known that the price was too good to be true. The hotels were average and the guide was WONDERFUL!! My complaint is on their communication---terrible! I specifically asked about the number of people on the tour and they said 10-14. What they don't tell you is that if they don't have 10-14 people to run the tour, the sell you out to a third-party company called "consolidated Tour Operators." Every day, we had a different number of people---three days we had 40 people!! I emailed Noah Tours and my contact, Chana, told me that is what they meant by "guaranteed departure." As if I should know that!!! She said she would try to call me at my hotel to talk about it, I never heard from her, even though I wrote my hotel and room number in the email. The next day, she said she tried to call, but I didnt answer--she mentioned the hotel and it was the WRONG ONE!!! How can the company contact not even know where their guests are staying? I worte of my extreme disappointment in the communication and received no email back.

Again, I am commenting on the communication and the people skills, not the tour itself. Once it was out of Noah Tours' hands, the guide and trip went wonderfully! If you use this company, get everything in writing adn ask a lot of questions! My travel partner waited two weeks to receive her receipt of payment---despite asking several times by email.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
33. Re: Noah Tours

The company and contact has since further explained the situation to me and has made it part of their policy to be clearer on matters of group size. In addition, they offered some options to make up for the miscommunication. I was impressed with this communication. As I said before, the tour was great, it was just the miscommunication that had me concerned. It seems that they are committed to making the consolidation policy clearer. It wouldn't have swayed my decision to join the tour, it was still the best bargain out there. I'm glad to see a company taking action to better serve their clientele. I'm sure the next tour will be great!

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
34. Re: Noah Tours

I just returned from an 8 day trip to jordan and Israel put together by Noah tours. I have to say they did an absolutely wonderful job!! They took care of every detail and actually followed me throughout the trip to ensure my safety . For example I was late to get over the border into Jordan so they called me on my cell to check that I was ok and see if I needed any assistance . I was very surprised and actually I thought that was a pretty good safety measure. They were accessible, helpful and very prompt to respond every step of the way. I felt that I really got a tremendous value for the money. Chana from Noah tours was just terrific - I can't thank her enough😊. I would definitely recommend their services. A+ company!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
35. Re: Noah Tours

Yes, Noah Tours did give me this thread and asked me to write a few comments about my experience. But they have not asked me to write positively.

Anyway, just returned from a 8-day highlights organised by Noah. I must say that I found the staff Irina, Guy and Chana very patient with my enquiries before the trip and they kept sending me emails during the trip for updates. We did have hotel changed in Jerusalem but they compensated by offering free dinners.

The guide Mr Zvika is very knowledgeable. Although I know we have to see all the HIGHLIGHTS, the itinerary was a bit too packed for a 8-day trip and we complained that we always had no time for proper sit-down lunches. I think 10-day will be perfect. The group size was great - only 6 people. I think it is just by chance.

I was particularly surprised by the airport assistance I received when I departed. I practically jumped all queues for check-in and no need to be questioned by airline staff as they had someone at the airport to accompany me. I did not expect that at all.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
36. Re: Noah Tours

My family and I joined Noah tours in the early month of May 2014 and all I have to say is: thumbs up!

I found them online because I was looking for a 10 day tour that would cover Israel and Jordan, and not may tour agencies gave me this kind of flexibility. Also, I wasn't looking necessarily for a religious tour, but hoping that it would cover as much of the holy sites as possible while weaving in its history. We did 7 days in Israel with Noah tours and then 3 days with another agency that Noah helped arrange. Here are the top reasons why I highly recommend Noah for Israel:

1. Customer service: they were always very responsive and helpful. An eg was when one of our relatives couldn't locate us upon arrival, so she called Noah to make sure we had all arrived safely. Then Noah called my taxi driver directly just to make sure I had been picked up and was on my way to the hotel, which was a first time experience. Our tour bus driver was also very polite and the one day it rained he noticed we didn't have umbrellas and offered us his. We also needed to extend our stay and in 1 day we were able to arrange all the transactions via email. Both very nice touches and lasting memories of the friendliness of the local people!

2. The tour guide: Zvika. By far one of the best tour guides we've had, and I may have taken ~10 organized tours in my life with my parents. Zvika was *extremely* knowledgeable (a walking encyclopedia), and even though we didn't plan on a religious tour, since we were primarily Christians on this tour, Zvika tailored it for us and we really appreciated it. He was also very understanding towards the various needs of the people on the bus and I would say he was the glue that kept the group connected. An eg is being cognizant of my parents' age (60 - 70 yrs old) and some of the limitations that comes with age. Sometimes you think this is obvious, but it is not to some tour guides or even your traveling companions

3. The group dynamics and the size of the group. We couldn't have been more pleased to be put on a bus with 3 other folks, totaling only a group of 6 (1 couple, my family of 3 and a single traveler). By the end of the trip we were already starting to miss our routines with them. Sometimes when you join large tour groups it is hard to get to know people and some are more dominant or demanding than others, which can be disruptive. Our group was very well chosen and harmonious.

4. The hotel selections. We chose the middle ground and the hotels were overall satisfactory. The one in Tel Aviv (Prima Hotel) was probably the least favorite as it was run-down, but it was offset by the phenomenal breakfast. The hotel in Jerusalem (also Prima) was modern and provided a lot of space for the 3 of us and it was situated in a very convenient location. The Ramot resort in Galilee was the cream of the crop: it had a view of the Galilee sea and you really felt like you were in a very special place

5. The itinerary. This was truly a 101 intro to Israel condensed in 7 days, and it doesn't do it justice if one were to reach a conclusion of Israel in just 7 days. Of course it would have been great to have been able to see more places, which some were discouraged due to safety while others were logistically hard to get to in such a short duration. However, the 7 days were such an awakening for my family and I of all the cultural and historical richness in this country that we couldn't compliment Noah more for the selection of the itinerary

All in all, we had such a fantastic time that we've ranked this tour at the top of our list. No real complaints but only accolades!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,799 posts
39 reviews
37. Re: Noah Tours

Glad you had a great time. You indicated you didn't see some places due to "safety" Inasmuch as it was quiet in May, I am curious what did they tell you was not safe to see?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
38. Re: Noah Tours

Greetings!! Jericho and Hebron were 2 locations that were on the list as cautionary. Overall in May it felt safe wherever we went; no issues then.

39. Re: Noah Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, September 21, 2014

Barbados
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
40. Re: Noah Tours

Excellent! reliable!

Reply to: Noah Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted