We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour groups to Israel

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Tour groups to Israel

We are thinking of taking a tour to Israel but want some time at the beach as well as in the cities etc. Never been there before and would feel more comfortable traveling with a group. Anyone have any suggestions?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour groups to Israel

Welcome to the Israel forum.

Israel is not hard to do on your own. Who is we, how many, if children their ages and what is your background ( ie. religion) What are your interested in seeing in Israel. When are you planning on coming? Most tours give some free time but not necessarily when you are near the beach. How long do you have for your visit. Can you come early or stay late before or after a tour. Maybe you can come yourself and pick up one or two day tours while in Israel.

I realize I've just thrown a lot at you. Think about it and come back with some answers. The people here --we are addicted to helping you make the choice that is best for you.

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour groups to Israel

The "we" is my husband and myself. We are in our 60's, jewish but not religious. We will be coming at the end of June or early July. Time is available to us, but I am sort of uncomfortable traveling through Israel on our own. I think I would prefer to be connected to a group. However we have not made any decision yet. With this information, could you make some recommendations.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour groups to Israel

If the budget can cope with hiring a private guide for a few of the spots, I would do it that way. If not, consider Arza tours.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,364 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour groups to Israel

You can probably do both: come with an organised tour but stay on for a week or so after the group returns. You will have time to relax on the beach and see some sites that were not on the tour (by that time you will not be worried about travelling around by yourselves).

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour groups to Israel

AZRA ( the REform movement's tours) are a good choice. Here is a list of groups being run by the Conservative movement

http://www.mercazusa.org/trips.html

Look at Margaret Morse--they have adult only and family sections. You may want the former.

Eretz Yisrael movement also runs good trips.

As I initially said you definitely should stay after your trip. It is not necessary to spend lots of money once in Israel. The airfare is usually a huge bite of the cost. Once there--it is easy to stay. You will also find it easy to get around and you will be more comfortable after your tour.

My suggestion is to first find the tour, share with us the itinerary and then we will help you plan the extension. Of course--dont' disappear until then, we love, as I already said questions. If you have the time--think at least a month and you'll have a ball!

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour groups to Israel

Thanks so much for the advice. I will ;ook into all of these and I will definitely not disappear. Once we've make our decision we will have a million questions.

7. Re: Tour groups to Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 15, 2010