We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barclays Bank ATMs in Israel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
451 posts
16 reviews
17 helpful votes
Barclays Bank ATMs in Israel

Our bank here in Australia mentioned that they have a partnership with Barclays. However the person I was speaking to wasn't sure if Barclays have ATMs in Israel so I thought a question to the forum was in order. If we use a Barclays machine we won't incur an extra charge for the privilege of withdrawing our own money!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,888 posts
242 reviews
221 helpful votes
1. Re: Barclays Bank ATMs in Israel

I believe they do have ATMs. That would be great! Can any local folks or current visitors confirm?

Douglas Duckett

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
716 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Barclays Bank ATMs in Israel

You wont see physical Barclays ATM's in Israel however, Barclays had been operating there since the British Mandate started in 1918. Israel Discount Bank purchased 100% of the shares of Barclays Discount Bank Israel in the mid 90's, and possibly now when you find an Israel Discount Bank or Mercantile Discount Bank ATM, you will not pay those extra fees. To that end there are numerous amounts of those machines around the country.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
451 posts
16 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Barclays Bank ATMs in Israel

Thanks YZD and Labatt for your replies. I will try and use the ones you mentioned; if we get charged fees we'll just have to accept that they are part of travelling these days; if we are lucky enough to avoid fees then we 'got lucky'!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,888 posts
242 reviews
221 helpful votes
4. Re: Barclays Bank ATMs in Israel

Just today, I got my bank to reverse the fees for a Canada trip -- it never hurts to ask. I have every intention of asking again after my November trip to Israel. These fees annoy me no end....

Douglas Duckett

5. Re: Barclays Bank ATMs in Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 16, 2010