We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money and Insurance

Bognor Regis...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Money and Insurance

Yes it's me again. I 'm getting ready and more questions. seem to arise. Even though I am travelling with another 33 people (we will meet at Heathrow airport) and know about 12 of them ,I am on my own and like to find out things for myself.

In fact, I started a notebook 14months ago with lists and have noted down all the answers I got from here.

Money- Someone told me that you cannot take shekels out of Israel, is this true?

Insurance. I have my document do I need to take it with me?

Sorry if I sound dim but I haven't been abroad since 1981 and can't remember that far back.

Thanks in advance.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,779 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money and Insurance

I know of no bar to you taking shekels out of the country. I assume you are talking about trivial amounts?

I would take some type of health insurance card with you, in the event its coverage proves helpful.

Have a great time!

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,118 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money and Insurance

You can take up to 80000 shekels out if you like. This about 10000 British pounds. Why would you do that? Have sovenirs?

Take the document with you, and leave a photocopy at home. My husband takes the original with the air tickets, a photocopy with the luggage and a photocpy at home....

3. Re: Money and Insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 02, 2009