We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

Hi, we will be visiting Selcuk in Dec and looking to book a domestic flight from Istanbul to Izmir. At the moment, Pegasus offers good rate of 24 TRY for our dates. Atlas Jet's flight schedule and price for Dec will only be out end of June.

We have read some unfavourable reports on Pegasus and wonder whether if Atlas Jet is a better airline ( with free shuttle to Selcuk) and if it is worth waitng till June for their new timetable and prices. Also wondering if their prices and timing of flight will likely be the same as of now or will there be a huge difference.

Is Pegasus reliable? Our main concern would be flight delay and last minute cancellations. Would appreciate any of your opinions.

Many thanks.

Seow

Singapore

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

Both are decent airlines,every airline in the world has some complaints against them so don't worry about that :)

Frankly I would wait a while yet as it is far too soon for winter schedules to have been confirmed and anything you do see now is highly likely to be subject to change or cancellation.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

I'm a big fan of Atlas Jet. They have been very reliable in my experience. In February I had to leave Istanbul in a blizzard and most flights were delayed by as much as 4 hours. My Atlas Jet flight left the terminal at the correct time - we then parked for 20 minutes while the plane was de-iced, during which time snacks and soft drinks were served. We arrived at Izmir only 20 minutes late, and of course the shuttle bus was waiting to take me to Selcuk.

I have been told they pay their pilots better rates than any others. I don't know if that's true, but they certainly speak well over the intercom!

I would hang on - December is not a busy time - but there is a week-end commute between the cities, so prices go up on Friday and Sunday evenings.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

Atlas Jet super airline travelled with them a few times customer service second to none..!

We missed a flight by 15 mins with them February they told us how to book through another airline and even returned our money. So a huge thumbs up from me. :-)

California, USA
Level Contributor
458 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

When we were there last year, Atlas was the only one of the three regional airlines that served free food and drink.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

Dear Sari, Robert, Bootiful & Ellhest,

Thank you all so much for your very helpful opinions and positive reviews of Atlas Jet.

Yes, we will definitely consider waiting till June to book them. Thanks again!!

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

I would book before June to get the cheaper seat as natually they sell first and prices go up the nearer your date.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

Thank you, Bootiful for the tip. Will try to monitor and book as early as I can. At the moment, sale of tickets is only up till October. May have to wait till end June for the winter schedule. Thanks again.

8. Re: Atlas Jet or Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 07, 2014