We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selcuk to Bodrum

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Topic
Selcuk to Bodrum

My wife and I are planning a trip in September which we will visit Selcuk, followed by Bodrum. How does one travel between the two cities? Is there a bus or train? Would we need to rent a car?

Thank you.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,940 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

The best is to take the bus from Selcuk to Bodrum. There is also a 3.40 AM and a 6.30 AM bus from Selcuk to Bodrum by Kamil Koc: "https:/…".

enigma...

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

I would just wander down to the otogar (bus station) which is nicely situated in the centre of Selcuk - wikimapia.org/…b - and ask for the next bus to Bodrum. You'll probably just have time for a glass of tea before you're on your way. I suspect they'll put you on a bus to Soke (which runs about every half hour) where you change for the hourly bus to Bodrum. No problem.

Uk
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

I found this blog that tells you all about transferes-- look under the first paragraph it has links to transfere companys --} …wordpress.com/travel-information/

Hoped this helped :-)

Brandon UK
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

SAW ALL THE USEFUL ANSWERS to David's question in March but anyone know if you can go from Selcuk(Kusidasi) to Bodrum by boat? A "blue voyage" in other words. . We're celebrating our Golden Wedding(50 years) at Hotel Akay in September and need to move on 23 Sept but drifting down rather than hurtling would be best!

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

I was looking for answer on Selcuk to Bodrum transportation. I am going there in December.

Congratulations on your 50 year anniversary!

How was your trip?

It looked lıke you did not get an answer. Were you able to find a way to go by boat to Bodrum?

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

To be honest, Selcuk and Kusadasi are a bit too far north for the "Blue Cruise - Gulet" trips, other than across the bay for a day's swimming.

December is certainly too late in the year for such a voyage. As Hesiod reminded us, you should wait until the new buds on the fig trees are the size of a crow's foot before venturing on to the sea (so that's March or April).

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

If you stay in Selçuk, ask your hotel about a bus connection to Bodrum.

Selcuk is not actually a major "hub" for bus routes, especially in the winter. We are by-passed by the new motorway tunnel from Izmir to Aydin.

Dolmuş to Söke bus station, and then bus to Bodrum may be best. Ideally, spend the rest of your time here, hire a car and go to Aphrodisias, Tripolis, Magnesia, Lake Bafa, Miletus........

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

Robert -

thanks for the descriptive information about when to go to Bodrum.

Due to the one week holiday that we get from our school, it will be December that we are going.

It will be İzmir to Bodrum and from Bodrum catch a bus to go up to Selcuk for a day trip.

Kolay gelsin.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

Thanks. Quoting Hesiod was a bit OTT I thought, but the point about the buds on the fig trees is evocative and true 2,500 years on.

In December, you may find you'd prefer to spend the week in Selcuk and do an overnight trip to Bodrum, rather than the other way round.

20. Re: Selcuk to Bodrum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 28, 2014