We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selcuk shopping area to museum-possible to walk if disabled?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Selcuk shopping area to museum-possible to walk if disabled?

While my husband is seeing the Ephesus ruins I plan to taxi to Selcuk and shop, them meet him at the museum. I am mobility impaired and want to know if there is a shopping "district" so I don't have to walk all over the area. And is it a short walk to the museum? Thank you for any suggestions or other ideas you may have.

Donna

NZ
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selcuk shopping area to museum-possible to walk if disabled?

Without knowing how bad your lack of mobility is it is hard to give advice. There are some small tourist shops along the side streets heading from the museum towards the Isa Bey mosque, and some more across the road (dual) heading towards the dolmus station and a market area which may be as far as you want to go. It's quite an interesting area and has lots of little cafes where you could rest.

The other option may be to get the taxi driver to drop you at the acquaduct. That would take your through some other nice little shoppingplaces but some of the streets are cobbled (or jointed bricks) which may be a little hard on you.

If you google earth map the Museum (Efes Muse), then locate the train lines by the station the acquaduct is to the left and readily visible. Work out a walk from there and check the distances.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Selcuk shopping area to museum-possible to walk if disabled?

Thank you! Google Earth is a great suggestion.

3. Re: Selcuk shopping area to museum-possible to walk if disabled?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 20, 2013