We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pamukkale day tour-anyone taken it from Selcuk

California
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Pamukkale day tour-anyone taken it from Selcuk

I am receiving conflicting information. I have emailed to 3 hotels about day tours to Pamukkale. Pick up time is 8:30 an drop off at 7 P.M. I need to be at the free shuttle pick up at 7 P.M. which the day tour bus can drop me off.

2 hotels told me I should make it as they will come back before 7 P.M. I can bring my luggage with me and leave it on the bus. One hotel told me to take a car instead as I am cutting very close and may not make it. Also, there is a train leaving at 7:19 PM from Selcuk train station. If worse comes to worse, I can take the train. Is it a big station? Can I buy the ticket one day in advance? How many tracks at train station?

Has anyone taken the tour and was told 7 p.m drop of back at the hotel ? If so, what time was the first drop off at Selcuk?

Edited: 8:40 am, January 31, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pamukkale day tour-anyone taken it from Selcuk

oh I joined the tour arranged by Urkmez Hotel too! My group was less than 15 as I remember, but not sure the exact number.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Pamukkale day tour-anyone taken it from Selcuk

How long will it take to get my luggage from a flight after the plane lands. I have a flight arriving at 11:05 and the train leaves at 11:45 to Selcuk. Where do I get my train tickets?

Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,963 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pamukkale day tour-anyone taken it from Selcuk

alphatravellots, If you land on time, you will make it to the train. No problems. You will have your luggage at most in 15-20 minutes. You buy the train ticket at the station which is right at the airport, one level below as you exit the airport.

enigma...

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,909 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Pamukkale day tour-anyone taken it from Selcuk

First - you can trust what Urkmez Hotel tells you 100%.

Second - if you're flying on AtlasJet they provide a free bus from the centre of Selcuk 2 hours 15 mins before the flight departure.

Third - if you only have one night in Selcuk, then I'm afraid I suggest skipping Pamukkale. It really is a minimum of 3 hours travel each way, and there are far better ways of spending your time. Ask any of the Americans who live here in Selcuk.

15. Re: Pamukkale day tour-anyone taken it from Selcuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 16, 2014