We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing money in Selcuk

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Changing money in Selcuk

Hi, where can I do the above? I know I can use euros or USD but would rather use lira because the exchange rates when using euros etc in stores and restaurants are usually not good.

Thanks

eteo

Newry, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing money in Selcuk

Garanti Bank is an option its at the end of the viaduct just before you cross the road to St John's basilica.

The ATM there also does USD YTL & Euros

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing money in Selcuk

hello fellow traveler.

We used a bank card and just changed to the currency we wanted.

ATM's are all over the place.

Turkey gets 28,000,000 tourists a year so they are well set up.

We just loved our time in Turkey.

You can use mainly Euro's here but if you want you can us US.

Turkish money is good and easy to use too

Leigh

Kusadasi, Turkey
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing money in Selcuk

It is fine to use Euros or US$ in Selcuk since almost everywhere are use to foreign currencies. All shops and restaurants have both lira and Euro rates. It is easy to calculate Lira to Euro or US. Atm machines and the Is bank (in city center) is fine to exchange your money.

Happy Holiday....

4. Re: Changing money in Selcuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 10, 2010