We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uk visa

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newry, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
340 reviews
Save Topic
Uk visa

Does a UK visa obtained in Turkey allow you to travel via Germany? The flights can be cheaper

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Uk visa

I think that this is a question best asked at a German consulate.

The UK is not part of the Schengen agreement, so I would imagine that the answer is probably no.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uk visa

If you have an onward connection and stay airside and don't enter Germany then you are fine.

Newry, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uk visa

I suspect that it will not be allowed unless you stay [international] airside but as the end destination is the UK with the correctb visa i will not be able to go to the domestic terminal for the connecting plane

Pity as theres better flight choice.

Strange in a way as it means you may need up to two Visas to enter an EU country.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uk visa

Ehm I would suggest you repeat your request on the German forum, I can imagine you are considering Frankfurt, Koeln/Bonn or Duesseldorf airports ?

Newry, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uk visa

Munich in fact.

www.flypgs.com had cheap deals and www.aerlingus.com to Ireland [Belfast]

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Uk visa

"Strange in a way as it means you may need up to two Visas to enter an EU country."

No stranger than this UK citizen having to present a passport to the Spanish immigration authorities every time I enter despite having had a residence permit for many years, paying tax and social security there and being on the electoral register!

And no stranger than some EU citizens (viz the French) not having to pay for a Turkish visa whilst other EU citizens do.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uk visa

Are you talking about a Turkish citizen with a UK visa? If so I will try to find out, I think it is possible though.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uk visa

Munich airport is one building and it is divided into T1 and T2. It does not have a domestic terminal per say. Flights to/from various destinations, Non-Schengen, International and Schengen-Domestic are shown using at both Terminals.

Pegasus/Antalya and Istanbul and Aer Lingus/Dublin today are shown as using T1 section -D-. Ireland is also Non-Schengen and passengers to and from Ireland need to clear immigration too. Check with Aer Lingus and or contact Munich airport through their web-site. Let the forum know of your results !

www.munich-airport.de/en/consumer/index.jsp

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uk visa

More information on Munich airport from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Airport

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uk visa

A Turkish person on a UK visa can travel via Germany as long as they are going on a connecting flight and not leaving the airport.