We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodrum to Ephesus? Gocek to Ephesus? Ephesus to Istanbul?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
153 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bodrum to Ephesus? Gocek to Ephesus? Ephesus to Istanbul?

We are going to Turkey and are trying to figure out our itinerary.

We hope to arrive in Istanbul the last week of June.

We expect that we are doing a 6 day blue cruise leaving out of Gocek 6/30, terminating in Bodrum.

We would like to visit Ephesus.

The question now is

Istanbul-Ephesus-Gocek-Bodrum-Istanbul

or

Istanbul-Gocek-Bodrum-Ephesus-Istanbul

How would we get from Ephasus to Gocek were we to do the first itinerary? What would be the fastest way? Are their airports nearby these two cities? Are the airports user friendly with regard to these two locations?

The one thing we do know is that the Gocek to Bodrum will be via a Blue Cruise.

Also, any impeccable service respected private quality gullet referrals for a family of four for approximately $1000 a day? We think we know who we are going with but wanted to at least consider other gullets.

Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodrum to Ephesus? Gocek to Ephesus? Ephesus to Istanbul?

I suggest the latter - Istanbul-Gocek-Bodrum-Ephesus-Istanbul as the most efficient. There are frequent flights to Dalaman Airport which is only 20 minutes from Gocek which is a charming little town. You could have a leisurely lunch while awaiting your embarkation time on the gulet. From Bodrum, you could rent a car, have a private transfer or take a bus to Selcuk to see Ephesus and the nearby attractions. If at all possible, it might be worth spending a night in Selcuk as there is a lot to see nearby in addition to Ephesus. It's less than an hour to Izmir airport for your flight back to Istanbul.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodrum to Ephesus? Gocek to Ephesus? Ephesus to Istanbul?

allinclusive....., welcome to Turkey.

I agree with "scbc" about the route you should take. You should leave Ephesus to last and spend some time at Selcuk for attractions like Sirince, Aphrodisias (on par or even better than Ephesus), St.Johns Basilica, Kusadasi, etc. besides Ephesus. Have a look at my very recent trip report about my visit to Selcuk/Ephesus and the environs: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5874…". I would take the local train or an airline bus back to Izmir airport from Selcuk.

For a good blue cruise gulet company I suggest "http://www.southerncrossbluecruising.com/". It is run by an American lady and her Australian partner. Contact Dina for details.

good luck,

enigma...

3. Re: Bodrum to Ephesus? Gocek to Ephesus? Ephesus to Istanbul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, January 06, 2014