We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Ephesus?

atlanta
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in Ephesus?

We will be in Ephesus for 2 or 3 days. Where should we stay?

2 to 3 days are enough in Ephesus? Please advise.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,165 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Ephesus?

boa, I would stay at Paris Hotel at Selcuk if you are a budget traveller and at Urkmez Hotel if you are a mid range hotel traveller. I would stay a minimum of 3 days at Selcuk and see Ephesus and the surrounding attractions. Have a look at my trip report about my very recent visit to Selcuk/Ephesus: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5874…".

good luck,

enigma...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Ephesus?

hi boa,

2 days will be enough for ephesus.One day you can visit ancient city,the house of virgin mary,temple of artemis and basilica of st.jean,the other day the pretty village sirince.Selcuk is a small nice town,you will not be regretfull while staying in there.

3. Re: Where to stay in Ephesus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:14 am, December 19, 2012
New York
Level Contributor
128 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Ephesus?

Some people like the Bella but I like its cousin, the Nilya that was renovated a couple of years ago. It is on a quiet side street near St. John's church. The Bella has a rooftop restaurant that is so-so. I would not recommend it, especially when the owner decides how long you can eat dinner for. I also did not like the fact that he tried to change me into the Bella or a hotel his cousin owner because he overbooked with a tour group. I had my reservation in January, 4 full months before, so he had many opportunities to apprise me of the situation. When I told him I would not pay for the first night, they suddenly found that they had room for the second night thus I cannot recommend the Bella or its owner.

I would say 2-3 days, depending on how interested you are in Ephesus and museum. Many people do a day trip to Miletius, Didyma, or Aphrodias, etc. Ephesus visti alone is 4-5 hours. It is good to visit the museum in Selcuk before you see the site. The church of John and the mosque nearby are worth a visit. I could have spent 3-4 days there, because there are other side trips you can do. Selcuk is a little touristy but it does have all the essential things you need. Trains, buses and trains are available and you could also go to Kusadasi for the day too. I love the store Moonlight. The owner has great Turkish crafts and she doesn't hassle you unlike some store owners in Turkey.

I also stayed in Izmir for a couple of days. If you want to eat some great fish with a water view go to Deniz. Also the French Institute has a great outdoor restaurant. The bazaar and ancient ruins are interesting. Izmir is a huge city and that turns some people off but the waterfront is really lovely. There are a number of shops that you can visit and all kinds of cafes, coffee bars, restaurants and night life that you certainly won't find in Selcuk or Kusadasi.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Ephesus?

hi cherie,ı think you had wonderful time in Izmir.ı want to add that selcuk museum is closed maybe for one year because ıt ıs under repair.

6. Re: Where to stay in Ephesus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 20, 2013