We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I find Istanbul's BEST Turkish Delight shop?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I find Istanbul's BEST Turkish Delight shop?

Hi Everyone,

I know many places sell Turkish Delight, but who has some suggestions as to which store sells the best in Istanbul?

Many thanks.....

Gallipoli, Turkey
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I find Istanbul's BEST Turkish Delight shop?

supposedly "Hacı Beker' between the yeni cami and the post office in Eminönü. ask everybody knows

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I find Istanbul's BEST Turkish Delight shop?

Hi Guys: the plummed goose is totally right. Haci Bekir is the place to to. Located in Eminönü . It's on Hamidiye Caddesi at the corner of Seyhülislam Hayri Efendi Caddesi, two blocks east of the Yeni Cami (New Mosque).

Try some with walnuts, pistachios, oranges, almonds, clotted cream, and of course chocolate and naturally the plain rosewater. You can even ask for a free sample which they are happy to give.

Happy Eating, LemonLady

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I find Istanbul's BEST Turkish Delight shop?

I've already gained a few kilos from just reading this!! Sounds like a dangerous shop to me.....haha :)

Again, many thanks for your feedback.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I find Istanbul's BEST Turkish Delight shop?

Dear Travelbug: enjoy yourself. I always say that all my walking about in Istanbul justifies my consumption of sweets and pastry. Don't forget to visit Spice Bazaar and have some scent personally made up for you at 31 Misr Carsisi, see Orhan and tell him LemonLady sent you. It is a calorie free treat, no guilt attached. Happy Travel, LemonLady

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I find Istanbul's BEST Turkish Delight shop?

Hi all,

Here's the link: http://www.hacibekir.com.tr/

The historical shop is in Bahcekapi but they have also branches.

Best wishes, Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

6. Re: Where can I find Istanbul's BEST Turkish Delight shop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 24, 2009