We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather-plz advise-coming on monday

uk
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
weather-plz advise-coming on monday

Can anyone please tell me the current weather situation in istanbul-was there snow this year? what to bring? Am coming on monday!

Thanking you all in advance for your replies

Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
173 Reviews
from $100.00*
Special Offer
Istanbul Day Tour of Sultanahmet...
1,230 Reviews
from $72.25*
$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from $250.75*
$295.00
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather-plz advise-coming on monday

I just returned from Istanbul and the weather was quite mild during my stay. Generally, it was sunny and around 50 degree's Fahr. I was there for 8 days and it never was very cold. Just bring a nice warm jacket. I was hoping it would snow a bit, but it never did. It has also been very dry this year from what I hear. Enjoy your trip!

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather-plz advise-coming on monday

Hi Guys: yes my neigbhbors in Sultanahmet tell me the weather has been quite mild but it can rain or snow in Istanbul so be prepared as Sunday has said. Bring along an umbrella and waterproof shoes just in case because when it rains in Istanbul it really rains. Happy Travel, LemonLady

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather-plz advise-coming on monday

Hi all,

Here's 5 day forecast:

meteor.gov.tr/2006/tahmin/tahmin-turkiye.aspx

Alper

4. Re: weather-plz advise-coming on monday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 19, 2009