We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beyazit area a good place to stay?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Beyazit area a good place to stay?

Hi - I am looking at hotels and it seems there are many in the Sultanahmet area.. but I am wondering if it is absolutely necessary to stay down there, it seems a little more expensive.

I have been looking at the Hotel Niles Istanbul but noticed it is in the Beyazit area... now I am not entirely sure where that is.. so I'm wondering how far it is from the Sultanahmet area?

It is a good area to stay in.. safe.. cafes, restaurants around etc.. ??

I know it is close to the Grand Bazaar.

In your opinions.. is it a good area to stay in while still being relatively close to all the major sites.. ? The info on here says approx. 12 mins walk from the Blue Mosque etc.. that sounds great.. or should I stay in Sultanahmet area to be close to everything..

Thanks in advance!

Shantel

Istanbul May 2007 !!!!

Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
173 Reviews
from $100.00*
Special Offer
Istanbul Day Tour of Sultanahmet...
1,230 Reviews
from $72.25*
$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from $250.75*
$295.00
Special Offer
Istanbul 1-Day Private Tour: Blue...
193 Reviews
from $95.77*
$112.68
NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beyazit area a good place to stay?

Hi Again: see whether Apricot can wait list you and check out the Daphne, you can tell them Carol sent you, they should know me by now. LL

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,695 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beyazit area a good place to stay?

Hi Lemonlady,

thank you very much for your friendly offer.

13. Re: Beyazit area a good place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, August 19, 2009