We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LemonLady's Big Idea

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
LemonLady's Big Idea

Hi Guys: Since I feel frustrated that I can't be in Istanbul right now with VR and being inspired by the thread on safety I have begun to think about a little film about Istanbul. Now I know there are a lot of travel films showing Istanbul but this one will be special because I want to enlist the help of our intrepid forumites. Taking clues from the recent thread my favorite place in Istanbul I want to expand on those posts and do a film that will cause people to drop whatever they are doing and get on the next plane.

Some ideas that I have are as follows: I want to open with a shot of myself and VR and Kozano walking across the Galata Bridge, I haven't asked VR or Kozano yet but maybe they'll say yes. We'll talk a little about the bridge and the Galata neighborhood which is a favorite one of mine, and film the "hunky fishermen" too.

I want to film Orhan mixing perfumes, at the Spice Bazaar would he be surprised. I want to film at Baran (the yummy in the tummy place) on Divan Yolu, and yes Tams, the Cigdem Pastry shop too if you insist.

I want to film in Nisantasi, a lot of people don't visit there and it's a great neighborhood.

I want to film the Asian side of Istanbul, VR here is where your help will be needed badly. Bagdat Street, naturally i will film ferry ride over,

I want to film in a nightclub and Kozano could help out here.

I want to film at the Haci Bakir candy store, also Chora, the street of wedding gown shops (what a shot) and I want to film people, ordinary people telling about daily life.

Taxim of course, hey Alper what do you think?

I think I could make a film that is Istanbul, up close and personal and would blow people away. Now for the second part of the big idea. I want TA to sponsor it. What a great promotional device for them and of course we can beat Turkey Travel Planner to the punch by doing this. I haven't asked them yet and I want to hear from all of you so write your comments, be honest I wont' be offended. I have lots more ideas and could probably fim all of it rather quickly.

So guys, please let me know what you think. I am all ears, Happy Day, LemonLady

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: LemonLady's Big Idea

Hi Patara and all,

I've added title track "Colors of Istanbul" from the album "3-About Istanbul".

best wishes, Alper

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: LemonLady's Big Idea

Hi Patara: yes, I produce music. I have a large collection of Turkish music, both modern and classical syles. My current favorite is a cd I bought in Istanbul recently called Ottoman War Songs. My partner is a composer and producer loves this cd and it has inspired him to write some music that takes in some of these elements. I love young groups from Turkey, they have such spirit.group that Alper Thanks for your good wishes on the film, we'll get it made somehow. LL

Marmaris, Turkey
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: LemonLady's Big Idea

hi lemonlady

this joan sister of peter (evertonia123)i have decided to join the forum do i have to change names or can you tell me what i have to do

also visit istanbul quite a lot also i have a house in marmaris which i use in the summer

please let me know what i have to do im happy to retain peters name

thank you joan

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: LemonLady's Big Idea

Hi Joan: how good to hear from you. We all hope you are well. I don't believe that TA administrators will have any problem with your retaining Peter's screen name.

I am in Europe now, hoping to get to Istanbul soon. Perhaps we can meet this summer. Our whole family goes every year although i won't bring all 16 of them. LemonLady

Ankara
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: LemonLady's Big Idea

Hi LemonLady,

What happened with your idea about making a film regarding Istanbul? Are you still working on that? How much do you thing it would cost, what kind of budget are we looking at? Did you find a sponsor? What about THY? And also, you already made a film about eastern regions of Turkey. How could I get a copy? Can you give some specifics about that movie?

Thank you for your time...

Murat

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: LemonLady's Big Idea

Hi Murat: my film on Eastern Turkey is still being edited and is not available as yet but thanks for asking. And yes, I am still going to do a film in Istanbul, nothing will stop me, what I need is to fund it. About THY, if they fund the film they will want artistic control and I can't do that. We want to make film that is right down to the nitty gritty so to speak of Istanbul and that they would not do. Thanks for your support, we'll get there, Happy Day, LemonLady

Ankara
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: LemonLady's Big Idea

Hi again LemonLady,

I think I might find someone interesting in funding or maybe partly sponsoring. But could you provide me with some details, such as what would be the budget, how long would it be, and other specifics? Maybe you might send me an e-mail at mkislali@yahoo.com if you dont want to discuss these here.

Thank you again.

Murat

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: LemonLady's Big Idea

Thanks Murat, I will send you the info as soon as I can. I think maybe this time I would like to use a Turkish film crew rather than the American one, this for two reasons, first is cost and the second is that a Turkish one would be more attuned to what we are trying to accomplish with the movie. Happy Day, LL

39. Re: LemonLady's Big Idea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 29, 2009