We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you folks....

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you folks....

Hi ya'll,

Thanks for replying to my questions....you folks are really helpful.

Im looking forward to my first trip to Turkey.

Any tips on Ephesus ? Im planning on a one day trip to Ephesus.

Thanks once again. BTW anyone out there would like informations on Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong email me. I'll be gald to help out....Bye

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you folks....

when we entered ephesus, we took a right hand dirt road, the first one that you can take, off the path. we were the only ones at the double church and the roman baths...you can wonder all over that area, then get back on the tourist trail!!!! i really enjoyed looking all over the area by our selves. enjoy

Dallas
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you folks....

Dont go to ephessus in hot weather . IF you can, go on spring or fall.Other than that its beautifull. See also mother marry's house on the top of the hill there. And make a wish... I did and it turned out to be good.

Suva City
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you folks....

Tips for visiting Ephesus:

1. Be there early before or when entrance gates open to avoid the bus-loads of group tours and the mid-day sun.

2. Go to your local library, find a lonely Planet Guide or other similar travel guide to Turkey and photocopy the map and the notes (notes aren't that good in the LP) of Ephesus for reference.

3. I see many visitors now post their recommendation to purchase the audio guide they sell at the entrance.

4. Remains of the Temple of Artemis or Diana (Artemision) built 600BCE, which is one of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World has sunk into the marshy ground, if you are interested in viewing the site you will need some sort of guide or notes (eg in Lonely Planet) to know where to look for the site with only one column now standing. Good pictures and information of what it was like on the web.

5. The owners of Hotel Bella in Secuk organised a guide for the day for a friend, cost a bit though - better to do your own research from home if you have time.

4. Re: Thank you folks....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, August 25, 2009