We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impression of a New Year in Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Podgorica,Montenegro
5 posts
Save Topic
Impression of a New Year in Istanbul

First of all I must say that I have no word to express my fellings about Istanbul.Every day in Istanbul was a story.A good story.It is a city of good,kind and happy people.The sights are wonderful.The food is very delicious.I am not satisfied with my agency but we had a help from one profesional turistic guide from the group from Macedony.I have his visit card so if anyone needs help I will give yuo the information how to find him.Is Turkish and speaks albanian and serbish too.During the stay in Istanbul we used their traffic and I may say that a stranger can easily find whatever he or she wants,becouse everybody will help you and you have notes through the city to inform yourself about the place you want to visit.

Best wishes to all,

Nina

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Impression of a New Year in Istanbul

Hi Nina,

Best wishes to you too!

It's great to read your post, you sound very satinfied as a first time visitor of Istanbul!

Maybe you can put a post to my question about New Year's Eve party? I am very curious what people who visited isatnbul during these days did for this evening.

It might end up as a thread with lots of suggestions for next years visitors.

Thank you, have a nice day.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Impression of a New Year in Istanbul

Hi Nina: Happy New Year! I am so glad you had a fab time in Istanbul as we all knew you would. VR's suggestion about writing about New Years in Istanbul was excellent as usual and we'd all love to hear who was there and what events took place. Happy Travel, LemonLady

Podgorica,Montenegro
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Impression of a New Year in Istanbul

Hi!

I am glad you read my letter.I arrived in Istanbul with my group on Saturday afternnon.We just had time to take a showre and we went on Chamlidga on a panoramic view of the city.It is the place where Sultan used to have tea and watch Istanbul .The next day we went to se The Blue Mosque,Aya Sophia and Top Kapi.On the New Year’s Eve we went on a ship and we were travelling he whole night from the European side ti Asian side of the town.The dinner was exellent,music and people also,waiters were so kind,and we had interesting program with stomach dancing girl.Two couples from the group celebrated on the Galata Tower and they were also satisfied.They had interesting program with stomach dancing girl,man who danses with knives and etc.We also has a fireworks.The next day we were supposed to visit MiniaTurk,but as we were not satisfied with group guide,I decided to go with my husbant to the oart of the town called Taxim.We used tram and metro to get to thid part.We visitet Golden Horn,Galata Tower,and Galata Brigde.In the afternoon we visited a famous shopping centre which won a reward on the festival of light.It is also fantastic.nd on Tuesday morning we visited Dolmabahche Palace.This is the place you must see.Near the palace you can se The stadion of famous football team calld Beshiktash(if it is written correctly).

I hope this report will help you.

Best wishes,

Nina

P.S.I know the name of the boat,so if you want to know that information too,please do not hesitate to ask.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Impression of a New Year in Istanbul

Dear Nina: thank you for your excellent post on your trip. I am glad you had a good time. I loved hearing about the boat trip especially. Please post some info on it so others can go. Happy New Year, LemonLady

5. Re: Impression of a New Year in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 23, 2009