We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Empress Zoe suites - which one?

State College...
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Empress Zoe suites - which one?

Hi there! I posted yesterday about planning a honeymoon in Turkey and I think we are pretty much decided on the Empress Zoe for our Istanbul digs. I just don't know which room to pick! Reading some old posts, I know Gonetothedogs spent a honeymoon here, so I'd love to hear what you have to say.

I think we're deciding between the Penthouse Suite and the Garden Suite - we want something with a terrace. I'm afraid the Penthouse Suite will be too loud, whereas the Garden Suite opens to the garden and might be quieter - but the views from the Penthouse to the Blue Mosque look unbeatable.

Anyone stayed in either of these? It looks like the "Honeymoon Double" lacks a balcony/terrace.

Thanks in advance!

Kate

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Empress Zoe suites - which one?

First of all - congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. I can honestly say that my wedding was the best day of my life - and I hope your is as wonderful as ours was.

You certainly have chosen the best place for your honeymoon :-)

I can't really help you too much with your choice of suite at the Empress Zoe - because we didn't look at the others but I can certainly tell you about the Penthouse Suite where we spent our honeymoon.

The Penthouse Suite totally enchanted us - it was our honeymoon dream - but it may not be for everyone. It is all quite dark wood, and has an old, authentic, evocative, Turkish feel about it - which we loved but if you want something light and bright, it may not be for you. The views are fabulous - and you have your own terrace that looks over onto the Blue Mosque. It joins the main terrace (via a small flight of steps) - and the view from there is just amazing and we spent many a happy hour up there drinking gin and tonics!

The Penthouse Suite is very quiet - you can probably hear people on the terrace if they are being loud, but we never noticed it at all. You certainly hear the morning prayer call VERY loud - but that just added to the whole atmosphere for us.

It is a bit of a climb up to the Penthouse Suite..... there is the metal spiral staircase and then two other flights of stairs - but we have certainly stayed in worse and the climb is split up by crossing the breakfast room and we normally stopped off to talk to a cat on the way up!

The Penhouse Suite has all you could want - a lovely marble bathroom, a fridge, kettle and utensils, a seperate bedroom (which is tiny - in fact just the size of the bed), fabulous views from every one of the 4 windows, and for us, a perfect honeymoon retreat. The only thing to watch out for are the ants. If you leave food out, they will find it (although you never see them otherwise!). The hotel does not use any chemical bug killers (thankfully) and so make sure any food goes safely in the fridge.

The Empress Zoe is a wonderful hotel, perfectly located, very friendly - and with great breakfasts - and I know you will enjoy it. Have a good look at their website for photos of the rooms (and there are some photos in my hotel review) and just pick the one that 'speaks to you' - that's what we did and we couldn't have been happier with our choice.

Caro

2. Re: Empress Zoe suites - which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, August 22, 2009