We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare to Istanbul from US

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare to Istanbul from US

Hi guys, I was looking into visiting Istanbul in mid March 07 and right now airfare from Pittsburgh to Istanbul is around $900 via Chicago or NY. I was wondering if this is approximately standard price that I should expect to pay or should I wait some more? Any input is very appreciated.

Thanks

U.S.
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare to Istanbul from US

I hope,even though this is a month later, that this info might help. I am going to Istanbul at the end of February and booked through Kayak.com. and Lufthansa's own website. The cost was $361 Pittsburgh to Frankfurt and return on Kayak.com . The leg- Frankfurt to Istanbul- and return, cost an astonishing $108 !!! It takes a little effort but the savings are worth it. You might just be able to book it all on Kayak.com because they post Lufthansa fares also.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare to Istanbul from US

Hi Guys: what Tanker says is quite true, you should investigates travel sites like Kayak in search of a good fare. Airfare to Istanbul has steadily been rising over this past year. Lufthansa, Alitalia, Austrian Air all have lower fares on trips which are not non-stops.

I have flown Turkish Air in the past but now I fly Delta and I found a good fare from them last time I visited Istanbul. Did you check airfare deals on the forum homepage? Also try the TurkeyTravelPlanner site for more fare information.

Happy Travel, LemonLady

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare to Istanbul from US

Thanks, I bought the ticket via Turkish airlines, I didn't want to change flight one more time given that I have to change plane in Chicago. Thanks for the reply, though.

4. Re: Airfare to Istanbul from US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 21, 2009